“So much fun! ”

Planet Ice Coventry
Ranked #25 of 63 things to do in Coventry
Reviewed March 5, 2018 via mobile

Was different to any sports event we’ve been to before, was really fun, they proper get the crowd involved during the breaks and throughout. Great sport to watch too, never seen a proper one before. Thanks so much

Planet_Ice, General Manager at Planet Ice Coventry, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2018

Hi Jessie W! Thank you for your fantastic review on your visit to Planet Ice, Coventry. It's great to know you enjoyed the experience. I will be passing your comments onto our staff, and thank you for your kind comments. We look forward to seeing you again, make sure to check our website out where you will see our upcoming events and promotions!

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"novice"
"school"

Reviewed January 14, 2018

I'm done with this place. The facilities are okay, but they have recently raised their prices to ridiculous levels, including requiring an "ice card" costing £6 per person per year (no card, pay an extra £2.40 per session per person). I just spent almost £60 for five people.
Other locations (Nottingham, Tamworth) offer much better value.

Reviewed January 8, 2018

I took my 3 little sisters and brother iceskating as a treat at the end of the Christmas holidays and as much as they enjoyed it, it can only be a treat as it ended up costing over £50 even with an ice card !
Staff on reception were very welcoming but did also seem more interested in their own conversations, between each other.
Picking up skates was quite easy despite only having one person handing them put during a busy school holiday.
I thought this was a public skate session but the steward on the ice must have thought otherwise. On the ice there was only one man (Luke) helping children who had fallen over etc. However, he spent most of his time (over half an hour) helping one child one-on-one, teaching him how to skate. This is great but 2 of my little sisters had fallen over and banged heads and I was struggling a lot to get them up while he was too busy teaching someone how to skate (which is what ice skating lessons are for). After a while the child he was helping had had enough and left the ice. At this point I was standing at the side and videoing my little sister go around when Luke thought it would be funny to skate straight in front of the camera and 'dab' knowing full well I was recording so now all I have is a video of him instead of my little sister.
After being told to leave the ice to resurface it, it suddenly got very busy and we had to leave shortly after that as there were far too many people, some of which were going very fast and constantly knocking over my little sister, cutting our session short.
Fortunately my siblings had a good time however I did not and I doubt we will return anytime soon.

2  Thank Olivia W
Reviewed January 6, 2018

planet ice is quite good but there are too many people on the ice rink at once which I feel is dangerous.