Open today: 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
Nice

When you arrive you pay for the whole day which is great. The staff are always happy to help and... read more

Reviewed September 25, 2018
Taylorbrooks4
via mobile
Definitely worth a visit - recommended for all novices

As an "older" person with no ice skating experience, I took up the challenge and enrolled in the... read more

Reviewed September 7, 2018
richardfQ7686AR
Warwickshire, United Kingdom

All reviews ice skating polar bear public skating skating rinks premier league great birthday lots of fun birthday party skates blaze boating playoffs venue arena exercise game novice
Reviewed June 11, 2018 via mobile

Attended a charity ice hockey match & tournament rather than a public skating session. The whole event was well organised and run with support from the rink staff.

The toilet facilities weren't great for a full weekend tournament but would b great for a general visit.

Cosby's bar and the refreshment are reasonably priced but a little expensive compared to the surrounding offerings.

Date of experience: June 2018
Planet_Ice, General Manager at Planet Ice Coventry, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2018

Hi Adam, thanks for taking the time to leave a review.

I'm really pleased to see you enjoyed the tournament. The Bethany Shannon weekend is a cause close to our hearts and something it's a pleasure for us to support and be involved with. Thanks for your feedback on the facilities here also. We look forward to welcoming you back here again soon.

Chris Carpenter - General Manager

Reviewed April 16, 2018 via mobile

We had a great birthday party here for my 8 year old daughter and 10 of her friends. None of them were confident skaters and some of them had never done it before but the hosts were brilliant and we paid extra for a 30 minute lesson which really helped everyone's confidence. The party room was lovely, the food was great and the parents were well catered for with hot drinks (and pastries which we ordered as an extra). Everything ran very smoothly and it was a lovely, stress-free experience. Thank you to Jody and all of the other staff for excellent communication and organisation. My daughter and her friends were over the moon with their experience. A perfect birthday :-)

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed April 11, 2018

I attended the Final Four Ice Hockey Playoffs with my daughter. The stadium access is very simple and the layout to be expected. The PA System playing music had good volume to it for an event like this. Warm food and beverages were around the expected price for a venue of this type.

Now for the really poor points. Security search every bag (even Children's), they confiscate every item of drink (water included) and all snacks saying no food and drink allowed. They even took my daughter's rice cake gluten-free snack and chupa chups. I understand not allowing food like sandwiches and drinks like bottles of coke, but to take everything, including kids sweets is ridiculous... all so that can get every last penny from you by forcing you to use their vending machines at over inflated priced for kids treats.

The toilets are also a disgrace. Far too few, long queues at intervals. For the men's toilets, only one cubicle (two in the entire stadium), and on my visit to it, there was no toilet paper, so I had to then go and literally ask 3 members of staff before anyone would help.

The place is also a bit dirty. But then, many rinks are. My understanding is that this is the typical standard for many Planet Ice venues.

We will go again, but I wouldn't travel there if it was for Ice Skating. There are many better venues in the country that are nowhere near as run down. This being an Elite Ice Hockey League arena, I'll be honest and say I expected better.

Date of experience: April 2018
1  Thank Dean P
Reviewed March 26, 2018

I booked for 2 friends to have the blaze birthday package and a box for 1 game. Although they are in the early 20's it was still great fun.
I booked through the Blaze booking team, Rob was extremely helpful as we have several emails back and forward making sure I got the correct package. I ended up with a box in the arena with the girls on the bench for warm up, Birthday cars, meeting there favourite player and meeting the team post game. It is a fantastic deal and more than worth paying for.

On the night the team worked hard to make sure we were looked after, from the bar Orla, Bethan & Will made sure the guys were always well stocked. We had a magician during one of the 2 breaks which again was fantastic and a great touch.

Thank you for a great night, see you next season.

Date of experience: February 2018
Reviewed March 5, 2018 via mobile

Was different to any sports event we’ve been to before, was really fun, they proper get the crowd involved during the breaks and throughout. Great sport to watch too, never seen a proper one before. Thanks so much

Date of experience: March 2018
Planet_Ice, General Manager at Planet Ice Coventry, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2018

Hi Jessie W! Thank you for your fantastic review on your visit to Planet Ice, Coventry. It's great to know you enjoyed the experience. I will be passing your comments onto our staff, and thank you for your kind comments. We look forward to seeing you again, make sure to check our website out where you will see our upcoming events and promotions!