All reviewsrestaurant with roomsopposite the castlehigh streetbay roomrestaurant downstairsgrade listed buildingchateaubriandwonderful ceilinglarge double roomposter bedfour posterfantastic mealfreshly cooked breakfastrecommend this b b to anyonerisottosmall hotela great place to stay
Reviewed December 12, 2016

The Townhouse has a great location and is very well run by Lee. The rooms are traditional and spotless. However the water is very hot. Coffee, tea, cookies and sweets are all there. The big bonus is the fresh cooked breakfast done by Lee, one of the best. This place beats the competition in Arundel for quality, cleanliness, breakfast and price. We will return in April.

Room Tip: The higher the floor the quieter the room
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 28, 2016

Arundel had been recommended to me as somewhere to stay for a short break. After reading a few reviews we booked The Town House via email and a phone call. I only mentioned that, because some B&B's don't reply quickly to emails, and don't call you back when you leave a message on the phone. This wasn't the case at all - Ian replied promptly to my email, and called me on the phone soon after.

We stayed in the large double room, complete with a (small) four poster bed and a castle view. It's at the front of the building, on the main road which was quite busy. I wouldn't say it was a particularly noisy or busy road, but the B&B doesn't have it's own parking, so we had to park a couple of minutes walk away. This wasn't a big deal for us as we had minimal luggage. Parking is free outside of 9am - 5am Monday to Friday - if you're lucky enough to find a space. There is also free parking at the top of the hill, but visitors to the castle keep that car park full most of the day.

Our room was fine, decorated in keeping with the building and a decent size. It was clean but not spotless, we found a few cobwebs and a bluebottle by the window, but nothing major.

I bathroom was small and didn't have a shower, which my girlfriend and I both missed - we like a shower in the morning to wake ourselves up!

Breakfast was lovely, really good quality, I couldn't fault it.

Ian and his wife were very friendly, helpful and chatty but not over the top.

Because of the restaurant below (which is always fully booked) there was some noise until quite late, but again that didn't bother us. We were told that we could use the front door whenever it was open, but this meant walking through the restaurant and past diners eating, so we used the rear entrance most of the time.

All in all it's a nice place, and definitely recommended - if you don't mind the lack of a shower and having to wait for a decent car space.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Graeme S
Reviewed August 1, 2016 via mobile

Fantastic little B&B. We staying g in the family room ( 2 bedrooms) on the top floor, perfect for our family & everything you would find in a 5 star hotel was provided, in fact alot more! Room was extremely clean, the housekeeper is friendly & helpful.

We had dinner downstairs in the restaurant, the food was excellent and not pricy at all, I highly recommend before arriving you book a table as it is extremely busy ( which is a good sign).
Breakfast in the morning great selection continental, eggs and salmon and full english with coffee and juices, it's. Perfect!

Lee, Paul and Katie are super friendly and helpful.

I suppose if you want a negative, it would be the parking. We figured.it out quite quickly, we parked in the public parking lot behind The Swan, left our bags in our vehicle ( I suppose I could parked on the side of the road and unloaded the family and bags) it was a short walk up the hill, check-in was quick. Later that evening I collect the car and found space in front of the B&B with no probelm and unloaded our bags.

I highly recommend this B&B 5 stars easily!!!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed June 28, 2016

We were only in Arundel for one night unfortunately as would have loved to stay longer in the town and the tiny Town House Hotel. We had a gorgeous room with a view of the castle and the the High Street with a spacious bathroom. The room and whole hotel were immaculately clean and well appointed.
Breakfast was amazing and included.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 5, 2016

Stayed here with friends for a couple of nights over the bank holiday weekend. The location is great, in town so can walk to shops etc and just opposite the castle. Lee, the host was really helpful & had a good sense of humour without being over the top. The rooms were immaculate - not the biggest you've ever seen but elegantly decorated with quality furnishings and with everything you. Bathroom was well stocked with branded travel toiletries, the teas/coffees also had a good range and was re-stocked each morning. The quality of the breakfast was really fantastic - perfectly cooked and quality ingredients, I couldn't fault it.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends