“Superb lunch and service, impressed!”

The Pallant Restaurant & Cafe
Ranked #28 of 266 Restaurants in Chichester
Price range: US$7 - US$20
Description: Delicious, fresh and seasonal food served in the choice of two unique settings located within the wonderful famous Pallant House Gallery. We are open from 10am for morning coffee & pastries. From 11.30am a we service lunches and snacks in our cafe all day. Thursday is gallery late night, we are also available for private hire own Friday and Saturday evenings from 6pm -late, please contact us for your special private hire events. Our Cafe is located in the airy courtyard garden, where we serve drinks, meals and snacks in the garden under the aged vine trees and among the waterfalls and latest exhibition.
Reviewed April 6, 2018

When visiting Pallant House Gallery we took the opportunity to have lunch in the onsite restaurant. It proved to be a wise decision. There was a good and varied choice either from the reasonably priced set menu or one could select from the a la carte menu. I chose a steak from the a la carte and my friends selected from the two course set menu. We were all more than satisfield with the presentation and quality of the food which was served by attentive staff. My steak at £24 was superb. The restaurant isn't that large so booking may be advisable though we didn't book. The seating is comfortable and there are good pictures on the wall. It was a most enjoyable lunch and I recommend this restaurant wholeheartly.

KateMarketing, Marketing Manager at The Pallant Restaurant & Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2018

Dear Grant,

Thank you very much for your recent review on your meal with us at Pallant Restaurant.
I am delighted you chose to dine with us and that you enjoyed the food and service. It is great to hear you enjoyed your steak, this is a real winner amongst our regular customers and staff - so much that we have now introduced Steak Nights @ Pallant, a full Steak Menu with a variety of cuts - available on a Friday and Saturday from 5.30pm.

Once again, thank you for your comments and feedback.

Reviewed March 4, 2018

I dined here last weekend with my parents and was thoroughly disappointed. The drink service was ok, but it took a long time for the waiter to take our food order, and in fact did so after a table that arrived after us.

The food service was incredibly slow, more than 40 minutes. Especially given we were within the first 3 tables for the lunch service, and by the time we left the restaurants was nearly full.

Two of three main courses were bought to the table, and the third arrived nearly five minutes later. The food itself was edible, but not special.

The roasts (lamb and chicken) were covered in gravy, which was too sweet and overpowered the meal. It would've been improved by serving the gravy in jugs. The meat itself was actually well cooked, and tasty. The roast potatoes were anaemic. The best part was the stuffing.

All in all, I was underwhelmed, and felt I would've got a better (both food quality, service, and price) from a local pub!

1  Thank ZoeW1456

Dear Zoe,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your feedback on your meal with us at Pallant Restaurant.
I was extremely disappointed to hear that the service you received was very slow and I can only apologise as this is not our usual standards.
Your comments have been passed onto the team for investigation and staff training and I do hope you decide to join us again so we can be sure to show our usual food and service quality.

Reviewed March 1, 2018

Nice atmopshere, pleasant staff, delicous food. The set menu is really good value. Nicely focussed menu with not too much overwhelming choice

Dear Kerry,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments and feedback on your recent meal with us at Pallant Restaurant.
I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the food and service.

We definitely look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed February 17, 2018 via mobile

On a belated Valentine meal my wife and I booked a table for lunch. Great food and service and in nice surroundings. Definitely worth trying. You also have the gallery around you to finish off the visit.

1  Thank PopsicalPete

Thank you very much for your review on your meal with us on Valentine's Day.
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed you meal with us and the restaurant atmosphere.

We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Pallant Restaurant.

Reviewed February 15, 2018 via mobile

Really disappointing service.
The most delicious food.

As locals we had been trying to get a free night to enjoy this restaurant as we have had great recommendations from friends.
My husband booked it as a surprise for my birthday, so I was excited at the prospect.

We arrived 5 minutes before we booked, we had no eye contact from the waitress, she avoided us and was doing something behind the bar (not making drinks!) Eventually I caught her eye and she came over to us- ‘yes’ was her greeting!

She sat us next to another couple at the side of the restaurant, I asked politely if we could have the table on the end- we didn’t want to listen to others conversation or for us to be listened to.

The waitress said no it’s reserved- sorry.
The table was empty ALL evening and we didn’t leave until 10.30!

We waited 20 mins for a drinks order to be taken and people who arrived after us were served before us!

We had an aperitif of GandT- delicious and ordered wine for our meal- the waitress tried to pour the wine while we were still drinking our aperitifs!

We asked to move again as some others had left and this time we were able to.

There’s a lot more I could say regarding the service, more training would be a big one! But I don’t want to go on and ruin what was a delicious meal, the food was great, just such a let down with staff.

On that note- the Waitress was polite and smiled when smiled at-

4  Thank donnablight11