“Comfortable stay, good food”
Review of Trents

Trents
Ranked #150 of 266 Restaurants in Chichester
Price range: US$18 - US$43
Cuisines: Mediterranean, International, British, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed April 18, 2018 via mobile

Whilst I knew Trents had a few food related issues at the back end of last year, judging by my stay, this is all behind them now. With a new kitchen team in place, the breakfast I was served was really tasty, particularly impressed with the quality sausages. My room was comfy, staff were welcoming and the pub was great, so I’d definitely visit again!

Reviewed April 10, 2018

Helpful staff at the bar but the wine I chose wasn't available.
We then ordered lunch, my partners fish and chips was very good, my hot dag was just plain and average. I asked where the crispy shallots were and was served a bowl of spring onions,
If you don't have it don't put it on the menu or if your staff don't know the difference, teach them.

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Had been to Trent’s years ago and enjoyed a fresh and varied menu. Visited again today and will never be back. Perhaps something to do with it being a Greene King now......

I ordered beef nachos and my mother ordered the vegetable sharer board. I almost laughed when my nachos were served to me as they looked so odd. The chilli sauce described in the menu was in reality a luminous green sweet syrupy sauce. This green sauce was drizzled over plain nachos with a scoop of sour cream and 5 pieces of sorry looking beef chunks. Seriously weird. The vegetable platter - those items which weren’t out of stock - were all heavily deep fried or pretty lack lustre. Service was terribly slow - took 25 minutes to be notified items ordered were out of stock.

All table staff were clueless, unfriendly and disinterested.

Won’t be back. If you’re after decent food, avoid Trent’s!

1  Thank Alice H
Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

Thought this place lacked variety when it came to cocktail menu, although the two we tried were very nice. Think having a proper cocktail menu at the table would be nicer rather than being instructed by the lack lustre bar staff to select from the blackboard menu would improve things in my opinion. As it was two for one it was good value. My Pina Colada was excellent!

Reviewed March 9, 2018

Not a place to have a quiet drink due to the excessive noise from the 'music' blaring out. Clearly for the benefit of the staff as there were no customers so 5 of us went to the Park Tavern for a marvellous peaceful drink and a chat, something you cannot do in 'trents'.

Date of visit: February 2018
GemmaLeeGM, Manager at Trents, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2018

Hello London1882,

I am so sorry that you felt the music was too loud during you visit to Trents. We are generally very careful with music levels, so this is a disappointing review for us. I will be sure to bring this to the attention of all duty managers to ensure we get atmosphere right in the future and would have no problem turning music down at request.

We hope this does not deter you from giving us another try.

Kind regards