All reviewsfourth floorthe penthouselaw courtsold victorianoriginal featuresfree car parkwide corridorsgrand hotelfloor roomtrain stationcentral locationdvd playerlovely hotelwet roomchristmas partybreakfast roomself service
Reviewed April 17, 2016

This is an old style hotel with a touch of elegance. Parking is good and the location is a short walk to the centre. Breakfast was good and the service matched this. My one negative is that we booked two rooms. My children were located on a different floor

Stayed: May 2015
Reviewed April 14, 2016

The staff really make this hotel special, we have been staying here now for around 10 years and always have a great time. Well placed in the heart of the city with parking it takes a great deal of beating!

Room Tip: Top floor offers the boutique rooms
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 13, 2016 via mobile

Stayed for my partners birthday it was a surprise, so even nicer surprise to turn and find we'd been given the penthouse! Thank you!
Wowza! I knew the hotel as I used to work for a hotel that was part of the previous chain but to stay there was something else that room is beautiful!
Fourth floor is so sassy I would 100% recommend choosing one of those if it's for a special occasion!
Great breakfast and lovely staff!
Just one comment (being a bit picky but that's how it is when you've worked in the industry lol) - breakfast was clearly very busy as there has been a wedding on, literally as soon as my partner has put the last mouthful in the waiter asked to take his plate (while I was still eating) made me feel a bit rushed. Would be best to wait until both are finished :)
Will definitely be back!

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 10, 2016

we had Afternoon Tea yesterday (Saturday) and it was lovely. We booked it as we were seeing a show at the Theatre, not living in Bradford this was a google choice but it did not disappoint. We were seated quickly in a booth, there was 4 of us, A selection of teas was on the table along with hot water milk and sugar. The selection of sandwiches and cakes was plenty for the 4 of us. The staff were very attentive asking us if we needed any more water, was everything ok one even asked if we would like her to take picture of the 4 of us, has she had noticed we were taking a lot. All in all it was a lovely Afternoon Tea would definitely recommend and if ever in Bradford would go again. Top marks to the staff :)

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed April 9, 2016

This is a lovely Victorian hotel in a central location, modernised to a high standard, but perhaps not so well-maintained since. The breakfast on offer was more than adequate (hint: choose a hot dish cooked to order rather than selecting from the hot buffet) and service in the breakfast room and at the reception desk was friendly and efficient.

Room Tip: On the side overlooking the law courts and away from the lift/stairs
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family