All reviews fourth floor the penthouse law courts old victorian original features free car park wide corridors grand hotel floor room train station central location dvd player lovely hotel wet room christmas party breakfast room self service
Reviewed October 25, 2017

I have been staying at the great Victoria hotel for one night each week since March.
Staff give you a warm welcome on arrival and bend over backwards to help you.
I have had different room each time from the 1st floor to the 4th floor and each room has exceeded expectations, with some having air conditioning There are several places to
eat out if you like but the hotel serves very good food themselves , with breakfasts being the best. There is the main train station opposite the hotel and good shopping and nightlife for all ages
The only downside for me is you cannot open the windows far although they do open to
let in some fresh air. When you check out they always ask if you have enjoyed your stay with them and they wish you a safe journey.
My time in Bradford is coming to a close and I will miss my stays at this hotel. I would recommend the hotel to colleagues and friends. The question below is asking when did I travel but you can only pick one of them but I have stayed every week and enjoyed every stay. I can't score the hotel rating below but I would give 5 stars for service, sleep quality and value.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quiter but all rooms are good
Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank thomasbroadhead
VictoriaManager, General Manager at The Great Victoria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2017

Dear

Many thanks for posting this lovely comment on our TripAdvisor page following your recent stay with us.

I am extremely happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at the Great Victoria Bradford, and that the team members were fantastic. It will be my pleasure to share your kind words with them.

We very much hope that we will be able to welcome you back in the very near future.

Reviewed October 24, 2017

Hotel was very good value and quiet. Best bits were the very comfortable bed, v friendly receptionists and fab breakfast. Decor could do with an update but for the price it was fine. Great location too, overlooking the train station.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank kittybeanie

Dear Guest

Needless to say, I was very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at the Great Victoria Bradford, and that the team members were fantastic. It will be my pleasure to share your kind words with them.

Reviewed October 24, 2017

Me and my partner had a glorious stay at the Great Victoria. Very sweet staff, all very attentive....a huge thumbs up to the woman working in the breakfast lounge who made sure I was fed and watered, despite arriving ten minutes until the service ended :)
The room was very large, and nice high ceilings. Good sized bathroom with an excellent deep tub!
The bed was great! Really firm mattress and soft pillows.
I'll definitely stay again....was by far the best hotel ice stayed at in the UK!

Room Tip: Get a room on the entrance side! So roomy!
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Linsay T
VictoriaManager, General Manager at The Great Victoria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2017

Dear Linsay

Reviewed October 23, 2017

Travelled here as the base hotel of a three day (2 night) Glenton 'Taster Treat'.

A former railway hotel, the Great Victoria has had an exstensive upgrade.
That said, much remains to be done with some of the dining room windows showing the 'before' all too clearly with no double glazing and crumbling frames. The same was visible in the bathroom windows of room 205 however, even though a storm raged while we were there, noise, natural or otherwise, was not a problem.

The hotel controlled heating was not on, which made the bathroom rather chilly but the bedroom seemed unaffected by this and a good night's sleep was had.

Only other flaws observed were the need to have to physically move the rather heavy old desk ( see photos ) to access the wall sockets to enable charging of our devices ( there is *excellent* wi fi throughout the hotel ) or heat water for the tea and coffee ( decaff also supplied!).
Other sockets were available but at least two of these were behind the mirrored bedside tables ... These two tables, although quite attractive, were both rather unstable and anything left on them would have hit the floor before morning!
Some of the bathroom tiles were not bedded in properly but did not present any problems.

Food was decent, hot, varied enough and regularly replenished.
Staff were all lovely and friendly and always ready to help.

All up this was a good value-for-money stay.

Room Tip: Rooms with a front view might be quieter. Corner rooms are large with a dual aspect ( i.e. 205 ).
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo

Dear Pauline

Thank you very much for posting this lovely comment on our TripAdvisor page following your recent stay with us.

I would like to reassure you that we have indeed taken on board your comments in regards to our bedrooms.

I was also delighted to read that you found our service level to be exceptional. All our team members pride themselves on the high standards they keep, so I will be happy to share your feedback with them.

Reviewed October 21, 2017

Hotel is in need of renovation asap. Bathroom tiles broken. TV from the 90s. Dirty walls. Furniture with visible wear and tear. Walls were not sound proof so you can hear people walking above. Location and free parking a plus. Check in was fast and easy. Staff were friendly.

Room Tip: high as possible to avoid noise.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
VictoriaManager, General Manager at The Great Victoria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2017

Dear Hasani

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay.

I would like to reassure you that we have indeed taken on board your comments in regards to our bedrooms and we currently are undergoing room refurbishments.

The Great Victoria Hotel is on a continuous journey of improvement in all aspects of the guest experience and it is only through such feedback that our crusade for excellence will be achieved.

I therefore hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future in order to restore your faith in us.

Warm regards,