All reviews gas lit curry and flat screen tv tea coffee making facilities saturday evening football ground media museum top floor car park chap sink theatre
Reviewed April 22, 2018

Without doubt the stay was good value for money, and the owner is a really friendly and likeable chap. Also the breakfast was great. I slept really well too. The reason for rating the stay as average is that I really think that, with a few attentions to detail, the owner could actually charge a bit more for the room. I stayed in the Black Dyke room up in the loft, which was a large room. However, the electric wiring was a bit hotch-potched, and the carpet had been cut and re-assembled to allow for this. The remote control on the TV was a bit battered so I couldn't get the TV to work at first, but the owner sorted that out. When I arrived at the car park I was offered 'business' from the local 'lady of the street', and I was also approached to see if I was interested in drugs, but both those situations were outside of the hotel's control. The tap in the sink was not fitted properly and the loo roll holder was falling off. However, I thought the owner was an amazing host so, I stress, I am only picking up on the negatives as I feel that these can easily be addressed. At the end of the day, I wanted an affordable hotel that was near to the football ground, with free parking, a bar, friendly staff and a good night's sleep, and I received all of those. Hope these comments are helpful rather tan negative to the owner, who I would really not want to be offended by these comments

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank John T
Reviewed November 29, 2017

I stayed here last year and it was showing the signs of wear and tear, however having just visited find the bedrooms have new furniture and flooring giving an all together better impression and it does offer really good value for money.
The bar is lit by gas lights which give it an interesting atmosphere but it has much character and feels as though time has stood still and is worth a visit.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed November 28, 2017

Thank you for a lovely stay at such a unique place. The welcome was fantastic (even though we arrived before check-in). Great range of beers and good knowledge of the local breweries and those further afield. The barman on the Saturday evening was so helpful with local knowledge and friendly too. All in all a really good stay in the centre of Bradford. A gas-lit hotel how different! We recommend the Indian restaurant which is next door, Sheesh Mahal – one of the best in the location.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank michaelleech09
Reviewed October 20, 2017 via mobile

I ended up here following a disagreement with my girlfriend so was booked last minute.

As such I hadn't reviewed the place but it was pleasantly welcoming.

It's in a decent location not far from the centre of Bradford. Room was comfortable and had tea/coffee making facilities, on-suite bathroom and flat screen tv. Free wifi was a bonus.

Whilst an older style property, it has charm in the public areas. The room was cleaned to a good standard. Nice outdoor area.

The host was really friendly and welcoming. Breakfast was served on time and was very good. Full English breakfast, cereal, orange juice, coffee, toast and fruit.

Overall based on value for money this was a decent hotel.

Thank you to the owner for the welcome.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed July 30, 2017 via mobile

Looked forward to visiting this pub for the choice of beers and the decor.
The decor was interesting as suggested with very old world charm.
The choice of beer was so very disappointing. 10 fine hand pumps but on 2 actually serving beers.
Do not be tempted to walk up the hill out of town. It's not worth it.
It appears to be a pub on its last legs. Can't see it staying open for much longer.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Wadsleyblue
beehiveBradford, Manager at The New Beehive Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2017

You state that the Beehive is a charming and interesting old pub.You then suggest that people should not take the trouble to walk up the hill and out of the town to it.I would have thought that anyone with any appreciation for historic and characterful pubs < the Beehive is without doubt one of the most beautiful and iconic pubs in the country>would not be trying to encourage people to go there and support it.

The Beehive is not a struggling business.Much the opposite.It has a strong and very loyal clientelle who support it wholeheartedly.They would be much saddened and very unhappy that someone could be so cruel about the pub they love.As you so readily title your review."What a shame sums it up!".