“Fabulous Break”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

smitchell...
Gt Yarmouth
“Fabulous Break”
Reviewed December 30, 2017 for a stay in December 2017

You’ll have gathered from the previous review that this is not your average cottage to rent. I’m one of those people who is not that easy to please, but as soon as I opened the front door of The Dairy I knew we were in for a treat.
You can feel how much thought and care has gone into creating this cosy retreat, and for us it was a perfect Christmas getaway.
With the attentive hosts Caroline and Tim living next door, any little thing you might need is only a text away; it seems they actually can’t do enough for you.
On the whole, it felt more like going to stay with friends than a holiday rental.

Adam R
“Rev”
Reviewed October 21, 2017 for a stay in October 2017
person found this review helpful

The Dairy is an amazing holiday home, which has had a lot of thought and effort put into it. Quirky yet traditional the cottage feels like something out of a nostalgic dream.

Ornamented with brass instruments, old technology and vintage light fittings it has a unique cosy charm yet hidden under the aesthetics you will find that it provides for your holiday needs. It is warm, functional and practical. Towels and bedding are of good quality fabric and the overall attention to detail is very good in the whole cottage.

The bed is really comfortable and there is no noise so any sleepless nights will be down to insomnia rather than surroundings!

The bath is a great addition to the cottage- I did find that at 6 foot I could actually lay in it and be mostly covered in water, which is not an experience I normally get. My wife, however, found that whenever she tried to lay back she slid right in. An optional bath mat to prevent shorter folk sliding into the depths would be a nice addition.

We met owner Tim on the last day and he was a very nice chap and obviously takes a lot of pride in the place.

Well worth a visit.

FellowTra...
“Relaxing Romantic Retreat”
Reviewed February 12, 2017 for a stay in February 2017
people found this review helpful

My wife and I have just returned home from our week stay at ‘The Dairy’ holiday cottage. I say holiday cottage but that would not do it justice as it may blend into the many ‘Holiday Cottages’ on the Sykes web site from which we booked it. It is more of an enchanting couples retreat, simply beautiful and magical in every way. We chose the cottage after looking at the pictures on the website however even these do not do it justice. On entering the cottage your first impressions are WOW isn’t this lovely, we have picked a good one here’ After unpacking and getting to grips with everything such as the fire, stove, Arga and so forth you then get to look around and really start to appreciate all the thought that has gone into making this place truly enchanting. It is unique in every way as most of the fixtures and fitting are individual and hand made. It’s fun everywhere you look, there is even a trumpet above the cooker. I don’t know why but everything just works. This is where Captain Nemo must chill out and write his books when he is not on his submarine.
The location really couldn’t be better as it is fairly private sharing the landscape with just a few other individual houses just off the beaten track, private enough to feel like a getaway but just a short stroll into Haworth. 3 minutes down the hill and over the steam railway bridge and you are in the main village area where there is a convenience store and a few pubs and takeaways. If you go 3 minutes in the other direction up the hill you arrive at Hayworth old village street. This is beautiful and full of old quirky shops, cafes, restraints and pubs.
Now I normally like to keep myself to myself when we go away so as to chill and recharge. ‘The Dairy’ really is a romantic cottage, so just perfect for spending some quality time together with my lovely wife. It has a really comfy bed, two large sofas, a big copper bath with champagne flutes and a roaring log burner which keeps the cottage really toasty. We got to say hi to Tim and Caroline the owners who lovingly restored the cottage for many years before allowing lucky individuals to rent it out as a getaway. They live nearby but completely keep out of your way for privacy, yet are on hand in case you need anything and we found them to be a lovely accommodating couple. For instance if you run out of logs for the log burner instead of having to traipse into the local village and pick some up, which we have had to do with cottages in the past, Tim will quietly leave you some outside the front door. If you get a chance say Hi to them as they can tell you all about the 15th century cottage. Try the front door bell – Its hilarious.
All in all our stay could not have been more perfect. Lovely Cottage, Lovely place, and would definitely goo back.

Your age range 35-49
Adeuk1
UK
“Excellent & Quirky!”
Reviewed December 24, 2016 for a stay in December 2016
people found this review helpful

There has been a lot of thought and attention given in creating this cottage. The design in every room gives it an eccentric feel. It's very quirky and at the same time very very comfortable. It's a great size for two people to chill out. With two large sofas it means you can have one each! The bath tub is fantastic. I would definitely recommend staying here and we will be returning.
The location is great, very near to the town and other local places of interest.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing