“Best Family Meal Out”

Ranked #29 of 204 Restaurants in Keighley
Cuisines: Pakistani
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Khalids Desi is Fully licensed Restaurant Khalids Desi Restaurant offers a genuine taste of kashmiri dishes. Khalids Desi prides in itself of serving customers with quality Kashmiri and other asain meals using tradional desi methods for the authentic taste in a modern and welcoming enviroment Our ingredients are carefully chosen, serving our customers with the best and finest quality of meats, poultry, seafood and freshest vegetables which are all cooked with top quality vegetable oil by our highly experienced chefs.
Reviewed March 28, 2017 via mobile

Went with wife and kids for Mother's Day. As soon as we arrived the waiter greeted us and showed us to our table, which was very clean and nicely presented. Our drinks order was taken within 5 minutes and our drinks arrived promptly. My wife order the strawberry mojito which she said was delicious. The waiter then came to take out food order, he was very polite and helpful as our children don't eat spicy food and we needed some help in ordering for them. The waiter recommended chicken korma and fried chicken and chips for the children which they loved. For starters we had the tandoori mix which came out sizzling and was absolutely delicious, it had a selection of starters which were all fresh and tasty. For mains I had a chicken pashwari, which I have never had before but I thought it was excellent as I like spicy food and was bored of the same old chicken madras. My wife order the meat biryani, which she said was very nice as the rice was fresh and fluffy and it had just the right amount of spices.
All round great experience. Will definitely be going back and recommending to all our friends and family.
Good job Khalids. Keep up the great work.

Reviewed March 28, 2017 via mobile

Went to khalids restaurant on Mother's Day the restaurant itself was warm and welcoming friendly staff and helpful we was 8 of us all family and we thoroughly enjoyed every bit of khalids it was a busy Sunday of course it was Mother's Day but the buffet is just to die for the masala fish lamb chops and the chicken afghani was the best also the homemade chips was a bonus I would recommend khalids to anyone I have seen many restaurants around keighley and have been to them but khalids is my no 1 now won't go anywhere else now

Reviewed March 27, 2017 via mobile

This was our first visit to Khalids and definitely will be the last!

Went out for Mothers Day as a family of three. Chose Khalids as the menu online looked decent. Arrived and attend to by a man in checked shirt "possibly manager" and got seated quickly, the place didn't look too busy, everyone was as the buffet on the side. I asked questions about the buffet that was going on and was shown around. Waiter had a "can't be bothered" attitude towards us. So we ignored it.

Got seated and ordered our food and drinks. We decided to order but whilst we were ordering the waiter kept recommending "spicy food" but on the menu what we chose was spicy food. We wanted to order what we said first but the waiter came across as a bit pushy. So in the end We got lamb curry, chicken curry, Dhaal, chicken biriyani and chips and mango lassi.

It took around 15mins for our drinks and over 30mins for food. And whilst waiting, I was sat facing towards the bar but also had a view of the kitchen door. I felt very awkward as the 'chef' kept looking and staring through the glass window at me and coming back every 5mins.

Once food arrived it was served by a different waiter who looked smart and was very kind whilst greeting us. Before we could start eating our food the first waiter came and asked if our food is okay. He literally saw us getting served and he came just straight after the other waiter went.

We looked at food and they look good, however we were deceived. The chips which was for my little brother was disgusting. The texture, the taste was so oily. They had not drained all the oil out. The chips look and date out of date. It had a nasty stench on it. So we decided to leave that on the side. The chicken biryani tasted so spicy and had loads of onions and green chilliest thrown in. Every bites was disgusting. The chicken, meat curry needed flavour, it was so bland. The dhaal curry was ok and the mango lassi was nice

We then said at the end of our meal we would like the bill. Whilst clearing the table I said I don't want the chips to the waiter and he said why. So I said it is so oily touch it because we couldn't eat it. Another different waiter or cook came from behind the pillar and popped the bill next to me. I looked inside and it came to £38.
I think this was a decent amount for the food we ordered, however I said to the waiter that I will not be paying for the greasy chips which we did not even eat. I'm not one to moan about paying for £2 chips but why should I pay for something I did not eat?

The waiter tried arguing with me saying it was fine and kicked up a fuss in front of other diners which was embarrassing as his voice got louder and everyone was staring. There were families around and it was mother day therefore I just paid for what we got and got out asap. It was appalling and disgusting manner from the certain staff.

Later on in the evening the food left me with an upset stomach. And I would not recommend this place!

Khalidsdesi, Manager at Khalid's Desi Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2017

Hi there, firstly the food you ordered was mild as you asked on the time of ordering, the chips were cooked right as we sell loads of them every day and never had a complain regarding them. no waiter was pushy or no did anyone make a big fuss if you didnt like anything you should have said so when we asked you on the table if everything is ok! but you didnt mention anything at the time, when you paid your bill you told us then that you didnt eat the chips which we then took of from your bill, no chef was looking from the kitchen door as they are always busy in kitchen it must be a waiter trying to communicate with other member of staff regarding orders when we pass them inside or it good be regarding anything else!

Regards Khalids Management

Reviewed March 26, 2017 via mobile

First time I've been here, and I will go again - if only for the quality of the food. It was a quiet Friday evening (it did strike me as odd that the restaurant only had about 10 people on a Friday night - especially as the food was really good) so the atmosphere was definitely lacking. The service was also lacking as evidenced by the fact that I had to go to the bar on at least 2 occasions to get the attention of the staff (I would have understood if the place was full, but there were only 4 tables with customers - and there are about 40 tables.....)

So - ordering the food and drinks was a little difficult.

But when the food came - wow. This place is good. Can't remember what we all had, but I asked for a bit extra spice, my partner for a few extra onions - and they all came just as we wanted. Lovely. The chef deserves all the acclaim in this place.

Then it came to paying the bill. 4 of us, 2 couples - so let's split the bill. That's what people do. Not here if you are paying by card. New policy, no split bills........

The only place I have ever been to where the staff refused to split the bill. I had to pay for the whole meal and the people we were with (who I had only met fir the first time tonight) will have to settle with me later. Not embarrassing for me, but the staff were clearly embarrassed that they had to insist on this and the management attitude may explain why the place was so quiet.

Unbelievably bad service - but this was keighley.............

So overall - if you like good curry, this is a great place to go. The chef knows what he is doing and should be proud. The front of restaurant staff need a slight (I mean a big) kick to ensure that they are made aware of who is paying their wages (the customers..) and so should give their attention to the customers. And the owner (who the staff were happy to blame) needs to sort his payment policy out.

So - overall - average, but could be so much better.

1  Thank Dave0163
Reviewed March 26, 2017

I went with family for the buffet. Starters were a bit mixed. Pakoras were good but grilled lamb not so nice. Good range of tasty curries, mild and hotter, but mixed quality.. Loved desserts. There was something for every taste, including the kids. Waiters were attentive. Overall, it was a good evening.