2,468 results
All reviews leisure facilities the verve victory bar the upper deck white rose shopping centre club room sky tv great facilities leisure club modern hotel walk in shower coffee machine wet room restaurant staff excellent stay reception area self service
Reviewed April 3, 2018

Our nightmare at Leeds South

We stopped at the Leeds South, Village hotel and had an absolute nightmare time and I'm hoping that other people can see this and stay well clear.

It started in the morning when my wife went down to the spa at approx. 8.30am. When she returned to our room at approx. 9.30am all of her belongings had been taken from the room. We went down to main reception to inform Alice (the manager) of what had happened. This process in itself was the start of the problem as Alice couldn't have cared less. When we insisted that someone checked the house keeping department to see if it had been taken by mistake.

30 minutes later a black bag was found with all my wife’s belongings in it, this included all of her MAC makeup with a note that read 'To Sasha, make sure you keep stocked up' with a smiley face at the end of it!! As you can imagine we were fuming with this and only for the manager to bin the note and make a throw away joke about it. During this time my wife checked her belongings to find some of her foundation was still missing. Again after us having to persuade the manager to go back in and look she did. After another long period of time the foundation was found on Sasha's (who we now know was the house keeper) trolley.

This was dealt with appallingly by the hotel, so I called up to complain to the manager to see what was been done about it. He informed me that it would be passed on to investigate. A week later of me calling them to find out what was happening, i had also informed the police as we were unsure how to proceed. I finally got redirected to Ajay (the operations manager). He informed me that he had not been told about the incident from either of his managers.

Again, after speaking to the ever rude Ajay, he informed me that actually what had happened was because the cleaners don't speak very good English there had been a communication issue and the note was for the house keeper to keep stocked up on her cleaning product. I obviously laughed at this comment and asked what he was going to do about it. He replied 'staff training' and questioned me using the following phrase 'are you only calling for a complimentary stay in the hotel'. I was absolutely gobsmacked with this comment and actually replied by saying that’s the least he could do. He refused.

Long story I know but, if you are looking for:
Someone else to have access to your room before checking out time.
A chance your belongings could be taken
A number of unprofessional staff who struggle to speak English and are no help whatsoever
No direct contact number to call to speak to someone.

Then this is the hotel for you!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Baz R
Nalin D, General Manager at Village Hotel Leeds South, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2018

Dear guest,

After the conversation we had over the phone I hope we have come to a satisfactory resolution.

I look forward to welcoming you back at Village South Leeds in the future.

Yours Sincerely

Reviewed April 3, 2018

Disappointing since we stayed here last year. The self service check in is nothing bu5 hassle, couldn’t find our booking so had to get receptionist to find it. Although it was after 3.00pm we still had to wait for rooms to be ready. Rooms only have a shower and no bath, there are no drawers and very little wardrobe space. There is a nice big tv on the wall and bed was comfy. Restaurant was terrible we had to wait nearly an hour for the starters to arrive and they were just to say Luke warm. Main courses not to bad but service was awful. Breakfast was adequate but wish these cooks could fry a egg properly instead of them all be rock hard. Nice leisure centre with large pool and great steam room and jacuzzi.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Nalin D, General Manager at Village Hotel Leeds South, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback about your visit.

I am very sorry your experience was not up to the standard during your stay recent stay with us and I am concerned about the issues you have raised. I will be investigating all the topics you have raised and ensure that we put actions in place so none of our future guests experience the same issues.

Thank you again for the valuable feedback and I hope the experience will not deter you form coming back to Village South Leeds.

Reviewed April 2, 2018

Excellent Hotel with great facilities, highly recommend the breakfast, friendly and efficient staff, we stayed in the standard double room which was very good with an extremely comfortable bed, free WiFi and large flat screen TV.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback about your visit.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and want to express my gratitude for the positive comments about our hotel and facilities.

Thank you again for the valuable feedback and I look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed April 2, 2018

Nice tidy hotel with the usual amenities found at a Village Hotel. Handy for the motorway and fairly easy to find. Breakfast supplied was standard and when prebooked a fair price. All the staff are friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Reviewed April 2, 2018

Was great stay all clean and very welcome only thing is we waited a bit for the brekafast as didnt seem.enough staff and had to wait for more food to be put out as it had all gone felt rushed. Had good sleep nit much to do round the area but if you drive its fine and we got taxi to leads main centre for night out .

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple