“Going the extra mile is the norm”

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Leeds City Centre
Ranked #10 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed 4 April 2012

I booked this hotel as a surprise for my mum's 60th birthday with quite a cheap deal through lastminute.com. Before the stay I called guest services to enquire whether they would put balloons in the room before check-in to make it extra special for my mum. The response was so positive and I was told that anything I sent would be set up ahead of our arrival.

A couple of days before I rang the hotel to check they had received the parcel full of banners and balloons and everything was still good to go. It was a different person I was speaking to at guest services, but I still received the same friendly service. In fact, I was told that they would set the room up the night before and we could arrive anytime the following day; no need to wait until 3pm check-in (although as it happens we arrived after 3pm anyway).

The service upon check-in was perfect and the guys in the bar were very friendly. Drinks a bit pricey, but that was expected. Our room had a great a view of the canal and had been set up brilliantly with balloons all over the beds and birthday banners everywhere you looked.

Beds were comfy and the shower was great. Upon checking out the following day we were advised that we could leave our luggage at the hotel all day free of charge while we wandered the city.

The location of the hotel is fantastic (once you figure out where it is) - only a 3 minute walk into the city.

We really couldn't have asked for more.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank TERMA902

Reviewed 4 April 2012

I stayed on Saturday 31 March so expected it to be packed and was not expecting much more than just a place to put my head for one night only. Check in was smooth and staff polite. We were early but were given a room 3 hours early so super happy. Bedroom lovely and clean. Towels looked new and the shower was spotless with nice products. iMac was a nice touch - super fast surfing and was happy to not have to faff around with a wi-fi code etc to use the internet, I was straight in. Good nights sleep and check out even smoother. We paid £12 to park, not so bad as we got an excellent room rate. We didn't eat so couldn't comment on that. I will most definitely stay again and recommend others to.

Room Tip: I was on the 9th floor and it was very quiet.
1  Thank TarahLondon
Reviewed 3 April 2012

clean,tidy,staff polite and helpful,breakfast decent.its maybe not the easiest hotel to find but once you get your bearings its fine, there is a bit of a problem with the lift situation when the sky lounge is busy, not sure if its possible to provide one of the 3 lifts for the bar and 2 to the paying residents (the problem this weekend was one lift was out of order), it took me approx 20 - 30 mins to get back to 6th floor on one occasion.however this would not deter us from returning.

Room Tip: not sure how i can help, other than we were very close to lifts and got quite a bit of noise in earl...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JOEY198526
Reviewed 3 April 2012

We took advantage of an expedia discount and paid £51 for a Saturday night stay.

There was an event on i believe, so on arriving we discovered all the adjacent car parks were full overnight (there was alot of complaining going on at the front desks), however knowing Leeds a little i wasn't too fussed, you could literally park around the corner for free anyway on a weekend (the guest services chappy confirmed this).

Check in was quick, the room (814) overlooking the station, was nice, designer led but functional. We were meeting friends in Leeds so didn't have time to check out the Sky Bar.

So really i can only review the room, location and service. And to be honest all was good. The only gripe was the walls were paper thin, and we were woken at 7am by too hungover Sunderland fans sharing their stories from the night before next door (they just drawn 3-3 at man city!), also the beds and pillows were a little hard for my taste.

Location is easily in walking distance of the centre, it's easy to get to by car or from the train station. I would definitely stay here again. Oh and i love the i macs!

1  Thank markfromcleveland
Reviewed 2 April 2012

We took advantage of the City Weekend break which included dinner on first night and breakfast on both days.

Nice evening meal but Market menu does not offer a great deal of choice. Breakfast on both days ...excellent.

Clean and comfortable room. Excellent customer focussed staff.

Great atmosphere in Skylight Bar although slow service due to being extremely busy (it is open to non-residents and seems a popular venue within Leeds)

We regulary stay at this hotel (was formely The Mint) and were keen to see if standards remained as good as before as has been taken over by Hilton. They were!

Only gripes we had were only two of the three lifts were working which caused long queues to form especially on Saturday night (access to Skylight Bar on 13th floor) Was told by guy on security they were waiting for a part to arrive.....surely spare lift parts are kept on standby in the event of a breakdown! ...and ground floor toilet out of action until Sunday morning.

However this did not spoil our stay and we had a very enjoyable weekend at this hotel.

We have tried several other Leeds hotels but The Doubletree by Hilton is way ahead of their competitiors. We will return!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank ESP49
Reviewed 1 April 2012

My 9yr old Daughter and I have just got home from spending the weekend in the Doubletree Leeds, On arrival we were greeted by a lady having her wedding photos taken which totally set off the start of our weekend break. The reception Staff all weekend were lovely making a fuss of my daughter when they saw her. We were given a warm cookie on arrival another obvious plus with a child, the receptionist also told my daughter to come down at supper time and she could have another. I was asked if i wanted a room looking over the canal which if you can i would highly reccomend the veiw is lovely especially at night when its all light up.
The room itself was faultless really other than the pillows which were rock hard we both ended up without one on both nights. The Imac in the bedroom was also a massive plus once my 9 yr old had shown me how to work it otherwise i would have had to ask for help from downstairs as i couldn't make head nor tails of the instructions ( My bad not the hotels )
The hotel itself is around a 5 min walk from the city centre, All in all it was a great weekend

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank faith s
Reviewed 1 April 2012

This is the second time we have stayed overnight at this hotel, and I would highly recommend it.
Although the name of the hotel has changed (it was previously called Mint Hotel), everything seems the same as before. Excellent staff, great rooms with a Mac to play with (yay!), a great view and cocktails at the Sky Lounge on the 13th floor and a great location beside the canal.

Another Tripadvisor reviewer has written that the parking underneath the railway arches now isn't available overnight, but this is not the case. Overnight parking IS definitely available there, the charge is £12 for 24 hours and it is right outside the hotel door. Parking is limited however, so if you are checking in late you may be directed by the hotel staff to a nearby public car park.

Driving directions: the postcode for satnav purposes is LS11 5PS, do not use the postcode on the hotel address! Another point to note is that as you arrive near the hotel, the brown tourist road signs still say 'Mint Hotel'.

Doubletree - we will be back! :-)

1  Thank hotelqueen