Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Leeds City Centre
Ranked #9 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“I liked it”
Reviewed 15 May 2012

We visited for a Saturday night stop over. I found the staff helpful and the room to be really very nice. I picked the room via LateRooms....and got a £20 discount...can't think why anyone would not use LateRooms!
We parked in the private car park under the arches next to the hotel The American guy at the gate was really very helpful - why can't everyone at a car park be like that?
In the hotel, the best part for me was the Apple TV. Definitely a bonus. The room was clean and stylish - and had everything you would need for a stop over.
If you're planning to have a night out in the city - take a taxi. The walk is a pain - especially on a cold evening in May! Coming back we told the taxi driver the Double Tree Hilton and he took us to the wrong Hilton...so be clear what you ask for.
I'd visit here again - but only if I wanted a night out in this immediate area - otherwise I would pick somewhere in the centre

Room Tip: I recommend the private car park under the arches. Very friendly and helpful staff
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (783)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 May 2012

As a regular customer of Hilton & City Inn hotels I was looking forward to staying at the newly named Doubletree Hilton, former City Inn Hotel. The hotel is a 5 minute walk from the train station and is in Granary Wharf, which is a lovely area surrounded by classy bars and restaurants.

After a 4 hour journey I was looking forward to getting to my room for some rest and realxation. Was checked in by a male receptionist who sent me to the incorrect room. When I went back downstairs to inform him of this he looked at me strangely and remaked that I must be mistaken. Upon checking his computer he realised that he had in fact sent me to the wrong room....

Once in the correct room - The room was modern, spotless, well equipped and had a mini bar which was empty as i said upon check in that I didn't require my card to be authourised for any extras. This wasn't an issue but because the receptionist had changed the room on check in, there was no welcome pack as stated in my booking. This was quickly and efficiently dealt with by guest serevices.

Had a room facing the station so, if i stay there in the future I would definitely request a room facing the other side. The noise isn't bad but I like total silence in the mornings and not train announcements.

Check out was efficient and concierge was very helpful with directions and a map of a city centre.

Room Tip: Get a room facing canal and not station
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank BrummyChick
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 May 2012 via mobile

I decided to choose this hotel to stay in, for my 30th, all I can say is wow, the sky bar on the 13th floor was amazing it was almost a feel of being abroad.. Really special. Rooms were spacious and vey clean, I would defiantly stay here a again. Highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Burley in Wharfedale, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2012

I have stayed here a few times when it was the Mint Hotel - i loved the hotel as it was fairly cheap in a great location with good parking. Since being taken over by Double Tree it seems to have dropped a little and the rooms are starting to look a little tired. Our bedding had had 5 holes in the sheet!
The Sky Bar is still great though and the staff are as good as ever

Room Tip: As high as you can get ....Junior or City Suite
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Saltburn-by-the-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2012

Amazing hotel, Staff were fantastic, Room was amazing, only quible was the mini bar we didnt touch it as didn't want a shock on check out.
We ordered room service and the quality and service was worth it, the view from our room was ok, we look straight over to some apartments and could see straight in on a night.
We went up to the sky-bar the view was amazing but not me or my husbands cup of tea so we went for a drink and the little bar/comedy club over the road from the hotel.
The mac in the room was a bonus.
Will be deffinatly be staying here again :)

Room Tip: Canal side rooms are nicer!!!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Manchester, England
Reviewed 13 May 2012

Stayed here on a Saturday night with my husband. The hotel was straight forward to get to from the motorway and we used the overnight parking at £12 for 24 hours under the railway arches opposite.

The cookie on check in was a nice touch but we were given a twin room when we'd booked a king. After ringing down to reception they brought up a new key card for a king room two floors up.

The rooms are small but tastefully decorated with views of the canal below. The Mac in our room was great, the bathroom was contemporary and spotless. Shower gel was supplied from The White Company and the shower was brilliant.

We went into Leeds in the day which was about a 10 minute walk and went up to the Sky Lounge when we got back to the hotel. It was quite busy for early evening, I was dissappointed when a daiquiri I ordered came in a martini glass for the price!

We didn't do the breakfast as that looked expenisive too so can't comment on that, but my husband visited the gym and he was pleased with the mix of equipment.

I wanted to give this hotel 5 stars but there was the room incident and also being practically jumped on when we returned from a night out to be asked if we were staying that evening. I also didn't think it was very professional of the security staff to discuss who should be sacked over something in a lift full of guests.

All being said I would stay here again, had a great time overall on our first trip to Leeds.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Beebz
Northumberland
Reviewed 13 May 2012

I stay regularly in this hotel when i am working away. It is one of the better hotels I have stayed in. free WiFi and an AppleMac computer/television in your room..free to use.
The hotel is modern, only uilt in the last few years. Bathrooms all have showers (no bath), complimentary robe. Nice comfy bed (always important!)

Breakfasts all waitress/waiter served, with continental buffet. Sometimes a bit of a wait, but very good choice and usually very good service.
There is also a gym, small but beautifully formed! can get busy so try avoiding peak times.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business