Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$102
DoubletreeUS$110
TravelocityUS$102
travelup.comUS$121
5,028 results
All reviews sky lounge rooftop bar canal view warm cookies train station double tree granary wharf railway arches city centre top floor bars and restaurants lovely hotel car park saturday night comfy bed afternoon tea stayed here for one night
Selected filters
Reviewed June 21, 2016

My husband and I booked the Doubletree Hilton for a one night stay over for our anniversary. We only live in Wakefield but wanted to have a night away from our busy lives and parenting duties (well if you can't on your anniversary then when can you ☺️). From the word go we were so impressed, the reception staff were so friendly, a gorgeous cookie on arrival, a very clean and spacious room with fabulous views and an anniversary card, balloon and drinks voucher (lovely little touch, very impressed). We had yummy cocktails in the Skylounge too. We both really enjoyed our little break away and hopefully will be back again in the future. Thank you Doubletree!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Reviewed June 21, 2016

Was harassed from start as we were in a family group and in themed clothing. We were followed throughout the hotel and made to feel like criminals We were not drunk however because there were 12 of us, security literally ran to surrounding pubs to tell them not to let us in. I will say again we were not drunk as we are aged 21-51! I feel this was all because of our 90's clothing so if they don't want that in the hotel they should say. We arrived back after a night out at 12.30 to be security checked again, checking room keys and reservations. Even to point of getting my neice

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Tim P, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Leeds City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2016

Dear indie24

We are sorry to note that you did not enjoy your stay at the DoubleTree Leeds hotel.

We have looked into your comments and contacted you directly.

Reviewed June 20, 2016

This was my 3rd year staying at this hotel and had booked 8 twin rooms for 2 nights for my friends and I who were attending the Cherish Conference at the First Direct Arena in Leeds.

As I’d stayed here before, I was well aware of the level of service and standard of the hotel which had always been impressive.
I had requested that our rooms be on the same floor. They said that the requests weren’t guaranteed but would do their best… and they did!

Fantastic! Front desk staff are friendly, helpful and professional. I had been in contact via email from my initial booking (June 2015) with several members of staff regarding my booking and I was really impressed with the level of customer service. However, I realised that a couple of days before arrival, they had increased the nightly rate from what I was originally quoted. I had to forward my original emails and the rate was amended accordingly.

Rooms
We had a twin room on the second floor (208), it was very clean and comfortable with the following: tea and coffee facilities, fridge, bottled water, iron, ironing board, face, hand and bath towels for each guest, TV, shower, free Wi-Fi and comfortable beds. As I’m 7 months pregnant, I was a little worried but I didn’t need to worry, I had a great night’s sleep.

Breakfast
I love the variety and quality of the breakfast that is served here. Bacon, sausages, eggs, beans, hash browns, cheese, bread rolls, sliced bread, cereal, yoghurt, pastries, fruit and much more. I had a soya latte every morning which was made to perfection. You have to be a very fussy eater not to find something that you’ll enjoy in this spread.
I recommend that if you stay at this hotel when they’re full, get to breakfast early or risk having to wait for a table. We went for breakfast at 6.45am and 7am on Friday and Saturday mornings and had no problems.

Location
Located less than 5min walk away from Leeds Station. They have a new entrance with step free access in the south of the Station (Granary Wharf) which we found VERY useful. There are a number of restaurants in the vicinity but we didn’t eat at any of them.

Summary
The overall stay was perfect and I genuinely have nothing to complain about regarding our actual stay however when I called to book 2 nights for 2017, I was quoted an increase in nightly bed and breakfast rate of 30%. I had a look at their B&B rates for other weekends and it’s 30% less than what I was quoted. It’s clear that they hiked up their price for that weekend knowing that there was a conference. Honestly, I’m really disappointed that Doubletree Leeds City Centre would attempt to overcharge loyal customers who book in large groups 3 years in a row. For that reason and that reason alone, I’ve looked for alternative accommodation for next years conference.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank MrsCarrLondon
Tim P, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Leeds City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2016

Dear MissSmithLondon

Thanks for your review.
We are pleased that overall you had a great stay.

Please note that our prices depend on availability just like at every other hotel.
If you find a cheaper rate for our hotel anywhere else, we are happy to match it for you.

Reviewed June 20, 2016 via mobile

Fantastic bar, waitress/waiter service, views are amazing, option to keep a tab open, nice chilled atmosphere, clean tables, comfey seating, great customer service. Was a nice end to a special evening, I recommend the pink Penelope cocktail, was lovely

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Chris W

Many thanks for the great scores.
We are pleased that you enjoyed your visit to the SkyLounge and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed June 20, 2016 via mobile

Simple rooms, clean , with fast check in , in a new and modern square behind the rail station and the river. Air condition with a strange odor ( sewerage ) . Simple also breakfast and amenities in the bathroom. Expensive for that kind of service you should expect by Hilton.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Moises J

Thanks for your review.

We are sorry that you were not impressed with your visit, we receive numerous great feedback about the service our staff provide.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.