“Excellent accommodation near the train station and city centre.”
Review of Roomzzz Leeds City

Roomzzz Leeds City
Ranked #5 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
York, North Yorkshire
“Excellent accommodation near the train station and city centre.”
Reviewed 17 December 2011

The hotel is very conveniently located just a short walk away from the train station. Staff were friendly and helpful. For instance, I requested extra pillows for the room, and these were brought up before bedtime. I phoned reception to ask about rebooting the Mac in the room, and was given good advice on how to do that. The room itself comes with good facilities. Free wifi is always great. And my boyfriend and I were particularly taken by the lovely underfloor heating in the bathroom! The little kitchen was handy, as we got some ready meals from Marks & Spenser's at the station - again, only a few minutes walk away - and heated up those for dinner when we didn't feel like eating out. There are also plenty of nearby restaurants to eat at, if you don't want to prepare food for yourself.

There was enough closet space for an overnight stay, and also a little in-room safe. The room faced to the rear of the building, and was very quiet with little noise, despite over stay being on the weekend. The bed was very comfortable. If there was one thing I wasn't so keen on, the air conditioning didn't warm the room up as well as I'd have liked. But that aside, we had a very pleasant stay. I would certainly be happy to return, and would also recommend the hotel to friends.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sunsetcat

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Cambridge UK
Reviewed 12 December 2011

I stayed here last week for a couple of days as I had seen the reviews here and thought I would give it a go as it was a good price and the rooms sounded very nice.

I booked one of the Grande Studio rooms as I wanted a little bit extra space and thought it sounded like a nice room.

The room was good with a hallway leading to the main open plan room at the back which meant it was nice and quiet in the room.

But the room didn't really know what it wanted to be. It is trying to be an apartment as it has a kitchen with washing machine, dishwasher, fridge, dual hob, microwave and toaster. That is where it starts getting a little strange, there was more space in the kitchen cupboards than in the whole of the room for hanging or storing clothes. If you are planning to stay in this room for a long period then I don't know where you would store clothes in a nice manner. The fact there was a book case with ornaments on rather than a wardrobe seemed a little strange to me.

My bathroom was also a disabled wet room, which meant it was full of grab rails and seats and such like. Every time I walked in I felt like I was in a hospital bathroom.

Also they had supplied four of everything in the kitchen, but there was not room for four people to eat let alone two as there was no table specifically for eating at.

The Mac in the room was pretty pointless I have to say, but still a nice touch. The wireless was very good which helps as a business hotel.

The staff were great always helpful and very friendly and the grab and go breakfast had some of the best pastries I have eaten in a long time.

Location is excellent being about 5 minutes walk from the station and therefore the centre of town.

Would I stay here again? Yes, but probably not for a long period of time as the room was just not designed for a long stay. It just really needs to work out what it is trying to be and work towards that. It is a good hotel, it just didn't really do it for me following the descriptions and my expectations.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank u9537503
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 December 2011

two nights stay Friday 2nd and Sat 3rd, to be honest I wasnt expecting that much as I'd recently stayed in the Mint hotel Manchester and was bitterly disappointed with my stay. From the moment we arrived on the Friday the receptionist greeted us with a smile, nothing was to much trouble, she told us the best places to go and even directed my lost mate to the hotel. The rooms where very high spec we stayed in the apartments that slept 3 people. All rooms come with Apple Macs, Smeg appliannces and comfy beds to die for. The rooms are spotlessly clean, even the corridors are specd with a deep piled carpet, I'd have been more than happy to sleep their!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 December 2011

I stayed here as part of a large party in November 2011. The group booking had been done by somebody else - I had never heard of Roomzzz and as we had only paid £40 each (ie £80 for the room including a "Grab and Go" breakfast) I had lowish expectations. However I was extremely pleasantly surprised and the quality of the accommodation was very good indeed. We didn't make use of the kitchen facilities apart from the ketttle but they were all Smeg applicances and the decor was very nice. The bathroom was lovely, a great power shower (but no bath).

I don't know if ours was a special group booking rate, but I feel that the price we paid was very good for the quality of the accommodation and the location is also fantastic - within walking distance of the centre of Leeds very easily. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
Uk
Reviewed 28 November 2011

Only a one night stay, but goodness was I impressed.

Bit wary of Leeds being noisy on a Friday night, so paid a bit more for somewhere a bit special. No worries on the noise front here - not a peep from inside or out.

Asked for a high room when booking and got one with a balcony.

The whole room was spotless and very well appointed, with a decent bed and a fully equipped kitchen, plus fast free wifi.

Check in and check out was a doddle with friendly efficient staff. Arrived slightly before official check in time with no problem and left bags at check out time for a quick scout round Leeds.

The complimentary continental breakfast was excellent.

Easy to find, just a few minutes easy walk from Leeds station.

Room Tip: Ask for one on a high floor with a balcony.