“Best place to stay in Leeds”
Review of Roomzzz Leeds City

Roomzzz Leeds City
Ranked #5 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“Best place to stay in Leeds”
Reviewed 14 April 2012

I have stayed in Leeds several times and this was my first time staying at Roomzzz, was not disappointed and really enjoyed it. Arrived in Leeds very early one saturday morning but was still greeted by a very friendly receptionist that explained we could not check in until 3pm. This was not a problem as we were able to leave our bags with her. We checked in around 3pm and had requested a high floor which was met. We also had a balcony. We stayed in a smart studio and the room was spotlessly clean, and had every appliance needed. The room was a good size and bed was very comfortable. Ideal location for Call Lane and couple this with extremely friendly, polite staff it made for a really enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Yorkshire
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Stayed in Roomzzz at the top end of leeds several times and the one in Manchester. I must say this one was far better customer service at check in!

The car parks a 2 min walk away not a problem at all!

Apartment is a good size and has all you need! The kitchens are not for rustling up a sunday roast but ideal for pre night out snacks while you get ready!

Will recommend and return to this one!

Room Tip: High Floor request
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
RoomzzzLeeds, General Manager at Roomzzz Leeds City, responded to this review, 13 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. My team are delighted to know that you had a great stay.

We hope to have you stay with us again soon and have a comfortable stay.

Kind regards,

Abhijit David
Surrey
Reviewed 10 March 2012

This was my first experience of the City West branch of Roomzz in Leeds, having stayed in the City branch a few times over the past two years. This one is conveniently situated a shortish walk from the station - and walk if you can as the one way systems in Leeds means the taxis will travel greater distances to get there and you will pay the consequence! The room was spotlessly clean and spacious - for the price, given that you get a kitchenette (with washing machine), seating area and work station I don't think it can be beaten. Bed very comfortable and a generous size for two sharing, nice power shower, clean linen and towels. Flexible timings for accessing the room - I arrived early and as the room was ready there was no problem checking in at 2.00pm. Staff very pleasant and accommodating.
Only downsides would be the noise of the fan in the bathroom (or could have been the air conditioning) either way neither of us could identify how to turn it off and as daughter and I both light sleepers this was slightly irritating. There is a hairdryer/shaver combo in the bathroom but the hairdryer only seemed to work for short bursts before switching itself off - so took a long time to dry my (relatively) short hair.
The hotel is situated directly opposite Malmaison restaurant - handy if you want a meal out somewhere close by. All in all a pleasant stay and I would definitely use this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Preston
Reviewed 12 January 2012

Booked this on a great deal through laterooms. For only £20 more than the Travelodge round the corner we got a spacious apartment style room with fully fitted kitchen, washing machine, dishwasher, cooker etc. - even set of kitchen knives in block! Room had TV and AppleMac available through the TV and free wireless. Modern, spacious, the room was fantastic value for a Saturday night. Would defo stay again.

Only thing to point out is that the parking prices quoted to stay in Boar Lane car park are if you check out early. If you leave at 11am you pay (I think) £3 more. Also, set your satnav for the hotel and not the car park, as it will send you round the city as there was no apparent access route from Boar Lane.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ninjathunderbolt
Hertfordshire
Reviewed 31 December 2011

I was highly impressed with the standard of accommodation and thought the location was very close to the centre of town whilst still being quiet. I would definitely recommend and would stay again.
Slight problem with milk sachets that were off, but swiftly rectified by giving us a pint of fresh milk.
Great croissants and Danish pastries for breakfast too.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
York, North Yorkshire
Reviewed 17 December 2011

The hotel is very conveniently located just a short walk away from the train station. Staff were friendly and helpful. For instance, I requested extra pillows for the room, and these were brought up before bedtime. I phoned reception to ask about rebooting the Mac in the room, and was given good advice on how to do that. The room itself comes with good facilities. Free wifi is always great. And my boyfriend and I were particularly taken by the lovely underfloor heating in the bathroom! The little kitchen was handy, as we got some ready meals from Marks & Spenser's at the station - again, only a few minutes walk away - and heated up those for dinner when we didn't feel like eating out. There are also plenty of nearby restaurants to eat at, if you don't want to prepare food for yourself.

There was enough closet space for an overnight stay, and also a little in-room safe. The room faced to the rear of the building, and was very quiet with little noise, despite over stay being on the weekend. The bed was very comfortable. If there was one thing I wasn't so keen on, the air conditioning didn't warm the room up as well as I'd have liked. But that aside, we had a very pleasant stay. I would certainly be happy to return, and would also recommend the hotel to friends.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sunsetcat
Cambridge UK
Reviewed 12 December 2011

I stayed here last week for a couple of days as I had seen the reviews here and thought I would give it a go as it was a good price and the rooms sounded very nice.

I booked one of the Grande Studio rooms as I wanted a little bit extra space and thought it sounded like a nice room.

The room was good with a hallway leading to the main open plan room at the back which meant it was nice and quiet in the room.

But the room didn't really know what it wanted to be. It is trying to be an apartment as it has a kitchen with washing machine, dishwasher, fridge, dual hob, microwave and toaster. That is where it starts getting a little strange, there was more space in the kitchen cupboards than in the whole of the room for hanging or storing clothes. If you are planning to stay in this room for a long period then I don't know where you would store clothes in a nice manner. The fact there was a book case with ornaments on rather than a wardrobe seemed a little strange to me.

My bathroom was also a disabled wet room, which meant it was full of grab rails and seats and such like. Every time I walked in I felt like I was in a hospital bathroom.

Also they had supplied four of everything in the kitchen, but there was not room for four people to eat let alone two as there was no table specifically for eating at.

The Mac in the room was pretty pointless I have to say, but still a nice touch. The wireless was very good which helps as a business hotel.

The staff were great always helpful and very friendly and the grab and go breakfast had some of the best pastries I have eaten in a long time.

Location is excellent being about 5 minutes walk from the station and therefore the centre of town.

Would I stay here again? Yes, but probably not for a long period of time as the room was just not designed for a long stay. It just really needs to work out what it is trying to be and work towards that. It is a good hotel, it just didn't really do it for me following the descriptions and my expectations.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business