1,015 results
All reviews breakfast and dinner the ritz buffet style self service short break leeds city centre york
Reviewed September 12, 2018

Having stayed at other "Budget" hotels eg Campanile in both Bradford and Wakefield or the the Britannia is a poor hotel.

The food on offer is pretty rubbish, indeed half the dishes seemed to be sold out by 7:15 each night when I got back from work. Strange that they can sell a curry but then tell you they have sold out of rice !!

On registering they sent me to a room that was already occupied and then charged me twice for wifi, charging £7 per day for wifi is a rip off, its in only £3 if you book other similar hotels. Some of the staff are good but sadly, too many are poor.

The room, although cold, was clean and tidy but the door didnt seem to shut well.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Leeds_Mngr17, Assistant Operations manager at Britannia Leeds Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2018

Dear davidu8736xc

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel on Trip Adviser. I am sorry to read that your stay at the hotel was disappointing . I will be passing your comments on to our Management team at the Hotel. Thank you for your feed back .

Reviewed September 7, 2018

Not a good start when you see the front entrance covered in dead flies and cobwebs.
Room had bedside lamps broken and hanging off the wall, Holes in net curtains, cracked sink, sink wouldn't retain water, Toilet bowl not cleaned even after we highlighted to staff,dust everywhere,filthy carpets, couldn't close window, hall carpets filthy, broken TV remote, smoke and music from other rooms
Food was basic but edible. Staff friendly but need to ensure their clothes are clean.
Gladly give your maintenance team a program of work because they are a disgrace

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Andy C

Dear Andy C

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel on Trip Adviser. I am sorry to read that your stay at the hotel was disappointing. I will be passing your comments on to our Management team at the Hotel. Thank you for your feed back .

Reviewed September 6, 2018 via mobile

I am currently standing in the car park with all the other guests in their pyjamas. It's 3.15 am and the only member of staff on duty doesn't know what to do as the fire alarm keeps going off. He is unable to turn off the alarm and is swearing fluently. The hotel is on a ring road festooned with banners and is used as a local pub by neighbouring residents. On arrival my room had a 2 foot square of duck tape covering a big hole in the carpet. It is pretty grim.
Last night the police were called to deal with a resident who was abusing a member of staff. Tonight the fire alarm has been sounding for 40 minutes but no emergency services or hotel management have attended. The person 'in charge' has no idea what to do or how to calm and reassure the residents. 4 am the alarm is now off and we are told it is false alarm.. With no real apology. Do not stay here.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Patrick h

Dear Patrick H

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel on Trip Adviser. I am sorry to read that your stay at the hotel was disappointing. I am sorry you did not receive an apology. Our staff have had full fire training. I will be passing your comments on to our Management team at the Hotel. Thank you for your feed back .

Reviewed September 6, 2018 via mobile

Place is really going down hill the food is not edible you can't get a decent night's sleep stayed last night and resulted in being woken at 3.45 by a domestic happening in room across from mine on 2nd floor girl run half naked down the stairs towards manager who was coming up due to noise the male then started banging my door and got fed up and went downstairs after manager and the girl and left their Very agitated staffie dog in hallway who had no were to go police came I got out of room and manager told receptionist who done a good job calming things down to deal with my complaint DO NOT STAY HERE IF YOU HAVE CHILDREN it's basically a rough hostel and some serious changes need done

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank jolene k

Dear Jolene K

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel on Trip Adviser. I am sorry to read that your stay at the hotel was disappointing. I am sorry your sleep was disturbed, unfortunately a domestic is out of our control. Our staff dealt with the situation in the correct way.I will be passing your comments on to our Management team at the Hotel. Thank you for your feed back .

Reviewed September 5, 2018 via mobile

The room we stayed in had no windows so is basically like a prison cell with absolutely no fresh air. We asked to move rooms after the first night due to waking up with a bad head and extremely soar throat. I put this down to the lack of fresh air. Our wish was granted the following morning by the staff member at check in. We were told there were spare rooms so there would be no problem. Once we arrived after work for our second nights stay we were told there were now no rooms available. An absolute joke. They had FORGOT to sort my issue. I called for the duty manager right away who confirmed there were no spare rooms however he accepted there were rooms available during the day. We were offered no solution to our problem. I found this a total

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business