“Amazing!”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 11, 2017 via mobile

Went out for dinner after a lovely day shopping and would highly recommend this place. The service was good and the food was amazing! All at a very reasonable price too. We had 2 main meals with Keema naan, chips, rice and a couple of drinks all for £34. The chicken Madras was nicely spicy but didn't blow your head off. Jsaifi was very helpful when we were ordering and was very informative. Will definitely be returning!

1  Thank Voyage237045
AmKitchen A, Manager at AM Kitchen and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2017

Dear A TripAdvisor...
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for AM Kitchen & Bar, I am happy you had an amazing time on your recent visit to "AM". Both myself and the staff look forward to seeing you back at the restaurant in the near future.

Reviewed August 11, 2017

If you ever want to go for a meal and want to be ignored then this is the place for you.

I only had half my pappadums as they were taken from me as the main course arrived, the speed it got to my table suggests it was not cooked to order, you could almost hear a microwave ping.

When ordering the main course (lamb and chicken balti) I was asked at what strength I required, I went for medium. What turned up was like eating molten lava, nothing medium about it and lacked flavour, it was just pure chilli. The chicken was almost nonexistent and the lamb was questionable as it was minced, due to the overpowering chilli heat you could not tell if it was lamb or beef I would not be surprised it was the latter.

The service was concluded with the waiter dumping the bill on the table with a couple of mints, they were the best part of the meal.

Do your digestive system some good and go elsewhere.

1  Thank Jon E
Reviewed July 19, 2017 via mobile

We initially had a warm and friendly welcome, were supplied with popadoms and chutneys and asked for our drinks order. Once we received our meals there was a period when I became aware that they were rushing us. My friend was a slower eater than the rest of us and they kept asking her if she had finished...this happened more than once unfortunately. Once they cleared our plates away we didn't feel like staying much longer and got the bill...it's a shame as my dishes were very tasty and service was great to start with. There was even an empty table next to us (and plenty of other diners there too) so we were unsure of the rush!

AmKitchen A, Manager at AM Kitchen and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2017

Dear 3milyR12
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for AM Kitchen & Bar, I am sorry you felt as though you and your friends were rushed upon your recent visit, this is not the way we operate at "AM", I will look into this matter, I hope you and your friends will return back to dine with us in the near future.

Reviewed July 12, 2017

My previous visit to this iconic Leeds building was over 52 years ago to buy from Dysons an engagement rings. My wife and I are still wearing them.
This was always a first class place to me ,and I had shied away from visiting for three reasons.
Firstly cost, well it's about the same cost as Bradfords finest. Secondly, night time parking in Leeds, well at three pounds it was well worth it. Thirdly, so often disappointed and my good memories would not be damaged. Well good folks , the decor is superb and fit for royalty. The service and staff were excellent and the food was on par with the best in Bradford . Yes I can enjoy spicier food but that's after we have tested the normal dishes before the fun of tongue tingling taste sensations I'm looking forward to in the future.

1  Thank Mike W
AmKitchen A, Manager at AM Kitchen and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2017

Dear Mike W
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for AM Kitchen & Bar, wow what can I say, a wonderful story to our building, I am happy the service and food was excellent on your recent visit to "AM". Both myself and the staff look forward to seeing you back at the restaurant soon.

Reviewed July 11, 2017 via mobile

Second visit to this Indian restaurant with a difference. Well cooked extensive menu in a beautiful and historic building. One for a special occasion

1  Thank mikparker

Dear mikparker
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for "AM Kitchen & Bar", I am happy the food was fantastic and you received good service, at "AM" we always aim to satisfy our customers. Remember to come and dine with us again next time you re-visit Leeds.