“Excellent curry house”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I was visiting Leeds and found the restaurant by chance. Once I had sat down two crisp papadoms and chutneys were delivered immediately and a bottle of Cobra followed rapidly. Service throughout was friendly and attentive without becoming excessively so. I ordered chicken sag and Tarka Dahl and both were well presented and extremely tasty. The pilao rice and nan bread were also light and fresh. If this sounds mainstream, then I have not done the restaurant full justice. This is a very good Indian restaurant.

AmKitchen A, Manager at AM Kitchen and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Daviditovey
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for AM Kitchen & Bar , I am happy you found our restaurant by chance and the service was friendly and the food was tasty. I hope you will come and dine with us again next time you visit Leeds.

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

I would recommend AM kitchen for Indian food if you are in the area. The service in here was excellent and the food arrived quickly and fresh. I had the lamb starter which was a nice size and went well with the mint dip that arrives with the poppadoms. I then had the chicken tikka makhani which was creamy and very tasty. Good value food, and will visit in the future.

AmKitchen A, Manager at AM Kitchen and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2017

Dear lorraine m
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for AM Kitchen & Bar, I am happy you enjoyed your visit to AM and the food was very tasty and not forgetting good value for money. I hope you will come and dine with us again next time you re-visit Leeds.

Reviewed 25 September 2017

Reading some of the reviews here (25/9/17) i can only say that our experience here was very good indeed. We had not booked & got seated straight away although it was only 6pm - we ordered our food & drinks whilst enjoying our free of charge Popadoms & chutneys etc- my Garlic Chilli Chicken was staggeringly good my god it was excellent- my wife had the Chicken Tikka Sizzler which was also top quality was certainly sizzling & stayed hot- the Garlic & Cheese Naan was also top quality. We found the service,food & drinks to be very good & good value so thanks to all staff & Chefs here. M&K (Derbys)

AmKitchen A, Manager at AM Kitchen and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2017

Dear CORTINA1600E
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for AM Kitchen & Bar, I am happy you and your wife enjoyed the food, service and not forgetting good value for money. I will pass on your nice comments to all the staff.

Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

Went there with my family and thought it was very friendly. The food was excellent and the prices were reasonable too. Also worth note is the stunning architecture and design of the place.

Dear Rob J
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for AM Kitchen & Bar. I am happy you and your family had a good evening and you enjoyed our excellent food and the bill was reasonable. Both myself and the staff hope to see you back at the restaurant in the near future.

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

I have literally walked out of this sorry state restaurant and should have trusted my gut to not dine here. Starter was lamb kebab which didn't taste fresh and definitely didn't even smell of anything. Indian food with no aroma? Be an Indian this is a nee concept for me.

Mains arrived. Keema naan tasted like dog food in naan. Chicken tikka karahi tasted like a curry from a jar.

Manager did not course any issues with the complaint so thats the only upside. Off to the bar and grill next door. Lets see how that fairs