1,090 results
All reviews golden acre park balcony overlooking an early morning flight health club plenty of free parking leisure facilities steam room wedding venue overnight stay self service one night stay weekend break iron mushrooms woodland headingley
Reviewed May 29, 2017 via mobile

The hotel room was very dingy and dark, absolutely no personality at this place. The shower was really weak and the plug hole was blocked so it filled up whilst you were showering. The sink had a clump of hair stuck in it which was pretty disgusting! The toilet took about 15 mins (no joke) to fill up after you'd flushed it so you couldn't use it one after the other. The shower was covered in limescale. Wouldn't stay again for the price.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2017

This hotel is very dog friendly. The dog was fussed over. I was allowed to eat breakfast in the bar, after collecting it. Which meant the dog could sit with me. This was great. There is plenty of free parking and the park behind is great for dog walking. Housekeeping were great. But it only gets an average for two reasons:

1st The rooms are tired - dirty marred Lino, mould in window frame, no air conditioning ( although reception were great and gave us a fan) and just generally old. We stayed in studio four.

2nd The bar - This really got to me. The staff did not know their job. They did not know how to work the till, no knowledge of what food was being served or the wine list. Staff did not listen to my order, I had to repeat several times. I was the only person in. No hot food at 1430 on a Sunday. The food is extremely over priced, £8 plus for one ham sandwich which looked like it was made by a 3 year old using Tesco own bread! Disgraceful. I have paid this price in the passed at hotels but for beautifully made 2 rounds of sandwiches (artisan bread) with salad and handmade crisps. Do not eat here. Wine is averagely priced. Sat out in garden with dog, empty glasses and bottles on all tables and staff just walking pass them.

Ahhh how to let yourselves down!!?

Room Tip: Upgrade if you wanta good standard
Reviewed May 28, 2017 via mobile

Room, food, drink and service were all good. The service from the staff I think needs a particular focus as they were really good and friendly

My only improvement comment would be around the sandwich I had in the afternoon. Literally 2 slices of white process bread with a slice of cheese and a few green leaves on the side. All for £7! Not good

Everything else super! especially the staff

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Richard P, General Manager at Mercure Leeds Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2017

Dear Guest,
Thanks very much for your feedback and pleased to see our team looked after you and we will consider your suggestion on sandwich preparation.
Hope to see you soon.
Regards

Richard

Reviewed May 23, 2017

One overnight prior to next morning flight. Check in not satisfactory, insisted we were booked in for eight nights because the computer said so! Had emailed ahead requesting a quite room on an upper floor, was allocated lower ground floor but it was quite. Room adequate but in desperate need of a good clean and a refurb, wallpaper hanging off, black mound behind the curtains on patio door. Beds clean and comfortable, pillows not so comfy. Bathroom ok towels rough but clean. Mix up over our booking for breakfast, they had us down for room only and breakfast another £11 00 pp.howevet as a gesture of goodwill they waived the charge,because of this I will not review the quality, but I thank them for the gesture. The hotel is situated in a lovely setting, it could be at least a four star with some ivestment. Mecure how about it?

Room Tip: Avoid 119 if possible
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Richard P, General Manager at Mercure Leeds Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2017

Dear Guest, many thanks for your feedback and apologies for giving you the smoothest of check ins, we will sort this out quickly.
Hope to see you back and we will endeavour to allocate you one of our recently refurbished garden view balcony rooms.
Regards

Richard Parker General Manager.

Reviewed May 22, 2017

Excellent value.Staff extremely helpful.Food quality excellent.Free leisure facilities, pool ,fitness suite , free classes.Many walks available from hotel.Bus stop outside hotel either to Leeds centre or Skipton.Short journey by car to the Dales.

Room Tip: all rooms are great
1  Thank mikebedlin