1,109 results
All reviews golden acre park small balcony an early morning flight health club steam room wedding venue leisure facilities overnight stay self service one night stay iron woodland mushrooms headingley
Reviewed June 18, 2018

Local to my grandchildrens home,outskirts of Leeds in countryside ,quiet spot and very pretty.Basic hotel no thrills.. clean and tidy room comfortable,breakfast self service nothing fantastic in way of choice,first morning all was cold ,eggs,sausage + bacon,second morning all was hot much better.
Had the Health Club facilities gym + swimming pool available all was good .
Would stay again here for convenience

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
David C, General Manager at Mercure Leeds Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2018

Dear Leslie,

Consistency is so very important and it is disappointing to note that on your first morning the breakfast was cold, I will share your experience with our breakfast team so we learn and improve.

I am pleased you will stay with us again and I hope your next visit leave a more positive impression

Reviewed June 18, 2018

I stayed here a few nights as i was working in the local area, but will not be using this hotel again. Firstly i have to say the staff here are excellent, very polite and attentive. My room was dated, the shower had mold on the ceiling because there was no extraction in the shower cubical its-self. The food was disgusting, I had the pie one night which was terrible and the so called veg was clearly out of a bag that had been open sometime. This was served with the worst potato wedges I have ever seen, soggy and full of fat. The management should sit down and anomalously eat what they are serving. The reason your getting 1 star and not 2 is when i arrived you took my detail which is standard, you then added me to your mailing list and kept sending me junk e-mails, why on earth do marketing people think that annoying people with junk mail is good for business??? Well Mr Richard PARKER here's your Guest Satisfaction Survey.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Dave15794

Dear John,

Thank you for your review.

I am very pleased that you found the team excellent but mortified that despite this you had such a poor stay.

If you would be kind enough to message me and let me know which room you stayed in I would like to inspect it and resolve the issues you have noted. However we do inspect our rooms daily and I would of course expect this to have been resolved before you arrived.

I am sorry you did not enjoy our food, we do indeed have mystery guests who dine in the restaurant with the most recent being two weeks ago and they rated our food highly - however we are always looking to improve and I take your view very seriously.

Richard no longer works at the hotel and in fact moved roles five months ago, I am unsure if you stayed a long time ago or whether our marketing information is incorrect, either way I am sorry they have disturbed you.

Best wishes

Reviewed June 11, 2018 via mobile

We went for three nights in early June, and were greeted by a friendly man at the desk (Juan) who was enthusiastic and nothing seemed too much bother for him. The room was spacious, and had a balcony with stunning views out towards Golden Acre Park. Everything was very clean and tidy, the room was stocked with the essentials and fresh towels etc were brought every day. All the cleaners around the site were chatty and easy to approach. The hotel also has a health club (free for guests) - while we didn’t use this much, we did use the pool twice and it’s long opening hours mean you can normally catch it at a quiet moment. Both staff we spoke to in the pool area were really friendly and happy to help if we needed anything. Would definitely visit again!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
David C, General Manager at Mercure Leeds Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2018

Dear Charles

Thank you for your review.

We have a very friendly team and I am very pleased they made you feel so welcome.

I agree the hotel's location is stunning and only 6 miles from Leeds city centre!

Reviewed June 4, 2018 via mobile

We stayed overnight before going to the airport.hotel nice and staff.the room was very hot couldn't turn the radiator down enjoyed staythe bar area was nice there is a nice park5 mins drive from the hotel

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
David C, General Manager at Mercure Leeds Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2018

Dear Christine

Thank you for your review and very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay.

Golden Acre Park is fantastic and is even closer than a 5 minute drive being just a 1 minute walk at the back of the property (we are in the process of getting signage to make this clearer to our guests)

I was sorry to read the heating was on and our maintenance team are looking at the heating in the rooms to make sure it is all working properly.

Reviewed June 2, 2018

We used this hotel when we attended the cricket. The receptionist was super friendly telling us the easiest way to get to the stadium and allowing us to park our car early. Whilst the rooms were dated they were clean and spacious and the beds really comfortable, however no amenity pack or biscuits to go with morning tea. We paid the 11 pound for breakfast and there was plenty on offer.

• Trip type: Travelled with family