“One of the best”

Alwoodley Golf Club
Ranked #13 of 34 Outdoor Activities in Leeds
More attraction details
Owner description: Alwoodley is a Top 100 championship course, open to visitors by prior arrangement. Details and green fees can be found on our website.
Reviewed October 15, 2015 via mobile

We just wish this golf course and club were closer to home, everything about the place, the course is superb and in excellent condition, the clubhouse and staff are all excellent.

Expensive by golfing standards, but well worth that in our opinion for the quality, we try and play here at least once a year and there is nowhere better.

Reviewed September 25, 2015

We had a great welcome. The Proshop staff were very friendly. The course is superb - a great test. We were helped by some superb weather. We had a great day

Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

Super nice staff and members with some beautiful holes. Be prepared for a great walk. Typical English course with some rough spots in the fairways and slow greens. Well equipped shop but clubhouse needs a coat of paint and new carpet. Well worth a visit.

1  Thank Samuraigolfer
Reviewed July 1, 2008

Thanks Trip advisor for your details on activities around Leeds. I am a keen golfer and used your site to find suitable places that I could play while up on business last month. I visited Alwoodley Golf Club and enjoyed the experience very much. It was a relaxing way to spend my time off. I stayed in some serviced apartments in Leeds city centre, and found that the change of scenery of the course was just what I needed after meetings during the morning. I would recommend golf as a great way to relax after work. Add to that, staying in really nice accommodation helps too. The Chambers (where I stayed), came highly recommended, and did not disappoint either. I had everything I needed to have a relaxing and classy end to each day, the golf helped me to relax and then I was ready for business the next day. Your site gives good advice on what to do with my spare time and I intend to visit more of your recommended attractions, upon my next visit.