“Clean and tiday”

Travelodge Leeds Colton
Travelodge Leeds Colton
Ranked #34 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed 10 May 2017

Reliable, clean and cheap. Pop over to the Harvester for Breakfast, lunch or dinner.

Stay over two nights for business and this was the best/cheapest in the area until you go into the center of Leeds.

Room Tip: use the Harvester for Breakfast
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Charles A

Reviewed 10 May 2017

Recently went to a wedding party at a nearby hotel and stayed here, the room was fine, provided all we needed for a basic place to put your head down after a day/night out.
Location adjacent to the M1 was ideal but not noisy (as opposed to where the wedding was taking place which had to play loud music outside to drown out the M! traffic noise!).

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
1  Thank polishingpete
Reviewed 8 May 2017

I have stayed here about 6 years ago and it was awful. I stayed here this time because we couldn't get in where we usually stay and I was pleasantly surprised. Since my last trip it has been totally refurbished and the rooms were very clean and well presented. The bed was very comfortable and the bedding and room temperature were all good and appropriate for the time of year. The lady on reception was great, really friendly and helpful.

Some not so good things: there were only enough towels for 1 of us left in the room (family room), no bath mat, cheap and nasty foam soap in a dispenser, plugs that you can't get out of the sink and also are on a chain, a total pain when you are trying to do anything in the sink and don't want a plug in, like cleaning your teeth!

It's on a retail park with several dining choices and it's well positioned to get into the city centre.

We were also woken in the small hours by the obligatory hen party (don't think I have ever stayed at a Travelodge that doesn't have hens or stags in residence). Given that I am far from the first person to mention it maybe Travelodge would like to examine the way the allow the hens and stags to behave in a more pro-active manner.

Overall a decent, good choice and a vast improvement on my last stay but probably not enough to switch me over from the premier inn! I would stay here again though and I think what you get is fair given the price.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
TravelodgeUK, Remy from the Social Media Team at Travelodge Leeds Colton, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience. We're so pleased to hear we have improved your views on our brand from your previous visit. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we will be sure to pass a copy of your review onto our hotel management team. Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back and continue improving your views on Travelodge.

Reviewed 7 May 2017

Had a three night stay here. My room was very good, though it was at the back of the hotel next to Bullerthorpe Lane which was very busy and noisy with the morning rush hour traffic. Bathroom was good with a lovely shower over the bath.
Plenty of free parking and so close to the motorway.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank morvenscaraben
Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

We stayed in travelodge Colton for 10 days and I only have the best comments for this place it's very clean, staff very friendly and helpful. It's one min walk from the bus stop and a lot of places to eat and shop in walking distance I would definitely go back

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank mmaryanne
Reviewed 16 April 2017

Stayed the Thursday & Friday of Easter weekend. Room was clean, though was a little cold when I arrived.
Only problem was other guests coming in at 5 in the morning and making noise.
Plenty of the usual food locally if the big chains are your fancy

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank football_spoon
Reviewed 7 April 2017

Leeds Colton is in a good location for an overnight stay. We had room 213 which has a bath and shower, nice sized room. The bath is quite easy to step into ( important for short people like me!).
The room was clean and the bed comfortable, as expected.

There is a Harvester pub, McDonalds, KFC, Pizza Hut and also a Subway.
Nearby there is also a retail park which has a Sainsburys, Boots, Next, DW sports, Argos, Pets at Home and a Poundstretcher extra. So plenty of choice if you need anything.
Parking is only an issue if you arrive late as I think some of the diners going to the Harvester use the car park too although we didn't see anyone have any trouble getting parked.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 213, faces out over the font of the hotel, good choice.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple