“Tasty lunch”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 5, 2018

I really want to give this place 5 *'s but there is something that always juts doesn't quite make it a 100% perfect experience. The lunchtime burger was good, very good but was missing something I just can't put my finger on. Service was friendly but patchy and a good selection of beers.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,206)

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Id you want true barbecue food, this is the place. Real meat. The burgers and sandwiches look good too and the sides are to die for!

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

Having been before I’ve always wanted to come back so thought whilst I’m over the Leeds way I’ll pop in with the family (a young family) we parked on call lane and with it being a Sunday the parking only cost £2! A few footsteps away was the restaurant so was perfect. Greeted at the doors by the polite woman who lead our way to a table big enough for my family of 5! With having a 10 year old, 3 year old and 1 year old we was worried that they would get bored but the polite woman brought us a bucket of coloured pencils and paper for the children to keep them selves entertained!

The menu was full of delicious dishes and was hard choosing a meal but I settled for the pitmaster! Must say it was heaven on a plate, my wife went for the chicken & ribs whilst the children had hotdogs(proper hot dogs none of them tinned ones) we also had frickles for starters which was a first for us!

All in all was a great afternoon in a great environment eating really great food! Will definitely be back.

Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

Brilliant.....
If you like bbq food then it's the place to be. If you don't try it any you may just be surprised.
Staff very help has it was our 1st visit, explained everything well. Food excellent. Very busy but never rushed for the table. Just 1 bit of advise. Book in advance.

Reviewed March 30, 2018 via mobile

9 of us went for a birthday meal. We were all very much looking forward to visiting after checking out the menu online. What a disappointment. I had the Juicy Lucifer burger and although it looked presentable it was rock hard, burnt and just so dry. More than half of us were not happy with our food and mentioned it to the waitress. She tried her best to help but it was very busy and seemed under staffed, none of us had our food replaced and they only knocked off the service charge. Will not be visiting again.

Red's True Barb... C, Manager at Red's True Barbecue - Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2018

Hi Emily,

Thank you for your review, it is always important for us to gain feedback from our guests.

I am sorry to read that after much anticipation to visit Red's, you and your party were not happy with your food; as a personal favourite it's disappointing to read about the Juicy Lucifer, it's renowned for its molten lava centre and Juicy nature- so it deeply saddens me to hear of yours being burnt and dry.

I am also surprised to see that no food was replaced; this is an anomaly at Red's, we enthuse to all of our staff the importance of replacing any food that a guest is not quite happy with. I apologise and be assured that I will communicate and reiterate the importance of this to all of the staff for the future.

I do hope that you give us another try.

Kind regards,