“Beautiful vegan meal in a cosy atmosphere ”
Review of The Oxford Place

The Oxford Place
Ranked #9 of 2,302 Restaurants in Leeds
Price range: US$4 - US$27
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Serving morning coffee and cake, lunch and brunch and fantastic atmospheric dinner with the Yorkshire hospitality. A good vegetarian/vegan selection of dishes. We will see you soon...
Reviewed April 5, 2018 via mobile

It’s so rare that you get a restaurant that serves delicious meat AND vegan dishes - let alone gluten free! We had the vegan burger, bangers and mash and the pasta, all really delicious and flavourful. The rhubarb crumble was amazing as well, I didn’t even know crumble could be! You couldn’t fault the service and it seems like a lovely family business with a real passion for good food. An absolute delight, will definitely be coming back

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

We travelled up from Birmingham to visit family and found The Oxford Place when doing a search for a gluten free restaurant. What a find! Enjoyed a fabulous evening meal. The service was wonderful and the food exceptional. Happy to join you for your first anniversary. Thank you for a lovely night.

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

This is honestly the best food I've eaten in the 18 months since I was diagnosed as gluten intolerant. It was such a pleasure to enjoy a meal without the worry of eating something with the dreaded gluten in it. The starters were wonderful and the haddock was a delight. My wife had the burger which was really meaty and delicious. The stars of the show were the ice cream and the bread and butter pudding which were wonderful. We can't wait to return.

1  Thank SimonC2920
Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

If I were rating this on food alone it would be a good 4 from me. However....,,,

This is not a cheap place. Lunch for 3, 2 courses, 2 drinks each, £113. And although it’s a nice place, I think it’s more of a posh cafe than a restaurant. Hard wooden chairs etc.

My scallop starter was excellent, but £10 for 2 scallops, a bit of samphire and tomato, too expansive. The goats cheese tart with salad was nice, but the salad was 3 sprigs of pea shoot (I think) and 3 edible flowers. If you’re going to say you get salad they gives us some. The duck also was nice but the accompaniments again too small.

The gnocchi main with tomato sauce was the worst dish, smothered in a very rich overpowering tomato sauce. My belly pork was delicious but again so little with it. There was not even a teaspoon of apple sauce and maybe a dessert spoon of celeriac purée. The lamb shank was nice but it was in a bowel on mash surrounded by gravy which meant that very quickly the gravy and mash had combined to be a brown mush.

I think the dishes all need some attention and the prices dropping by a third.

The wine by the small glass in 50% more that if you pay for a bottle. Rip off!

We only found out as we were about to leave there was a cheaper brunch/lunch menu. We were only offered the full more expensive menu.

Sorry we won’t be going back.

3  Thank Food_Lovers70
Reviewed March 29, 2018 via mobile

The lunch menu might suggest simply assembled food but there is some genuine skill in the cooking and presentation.

Do be tempted by a pudding, even if it is one to share.