“Lovely wine”

Price range: US$7 - US$26
Cuisines: Italian, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Veeno is an Italian Wine Café based in the UK serving our family produced Sicilian wines & authentic Italian spuntini. All of our wines come from our award-winning family vineyard in Sicily where 3 generations of our family have produced wine. This allows us to ensure the highest quality from the grape to the glass. We source all our cold meat cuts, breads and cheeses from Italy too.
Reviewed April 5, 2018 via mobile

Great wine selection, tasty sharing platter (excellent balsamic vinegar!) and marvellous service from Benedict made for a lovely evening catching up with friends. I like that I don’t have to strain to hear or be heard above the music (obviously getting old). Only 4 stars because the decor is a bit meh and the wine is a little pricey (but I’d rather pay more for good wine than average price for trash).

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I decided to have a long weekend in Leeds
On the last night we decided to have a bite to eat in veeno's
Having been there before just for drinks.
And we we're not disappointed.
We we're greeted by a lovely gentleman call Phil. And mark my words this man knew his stuff. From wine pairing, to cured meats & specialist cheese he was 100% on the ball.
I love this place mainly because it's not fast plastic food or out to rob you at every opportunity.
Far from that.
We we're just going to order the most expensive platter on the menu, but this was a totally different dining experience.
Instead of just letting us order what we thought we wanted.
Phil actually asked us what we liked and didn't like and then suggested this he thought we'd enjoy.
And he was 100% spot on the mark.
We had the Salumi cured meat board accompanied by a couple of bruschette's and Fromaggella Al Tartufo cheese which was outstanding.
All the meats were amazing much more than I expected from cured meats. The Salame Al Tartufo & the Speck was real quality as was everything we received. It was fresh, it was quality you couldn't ask for more.
The in-house made tiramisu looked amazing. But you would have to ask my wife how it tasted. Didn't get a look in.
The wine list is very good and veeno's knows it's wine so mark my words you won't be disappointed which every you choose and if you need a little help Phil's vast knowledge will help you decide the perfect wine from a most enjoyable evening at veeno's.
One of the best nights We've had in any place, city or country
Can't wait to return.

2  Thank Rsk39
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Two words: Absolutely Brilliant. I had the selezione wine tasting session here and I was not disappointed, the wines we tried were lovely and I particularly enjoyed the gorganzola, bresaola and speck ham. Benedict served us all evening and was patient friendly and very knowledgeable about the food and wine, It seemed no request was too much. I would definitely recommend and will certainly return.

Reviewed March 25, 2018 via mobile

What a great find this was! Good atmosphere, knowledge and passionate staff who seemed happy to talk to you about their produce.

We were recommended a Riesling wine, which was very interesting. We had the king of cheese with 3 dips to accompany it.

I'm looking forward to coming back for a wine tasting.

VeenoCompany, Owner at Veeno Leeds Duncan Street, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2018

Ciao Abby,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your time at Veeno - all the comments that we get are incredibly useful to us and we really appreciate your feedback.

I’m very sorry to hear that we didn’t live up to your expectations and that you found a number of elements of the evening to be less than perfect. I can understand how this experience has left you hesitant to return but rest assured, we are taking your comments on board and hopefully, we will see you again in the future.

If you would like to discuss the matter further, please email: nino@theveenocompany.com and hopefully we will find a way to resolve the issues you have raised.

I hope to hear from you soon!

Grazie mille,

Nino

Reviewed March 25, 2018 via mobile

Went for white wine tasting on a Saturday night with my Mum and Dad. The lighting was very bright when we first arrived which ruined the atmosphere a little but they soon dimmed it down. The wine wasn’t as good as I usually buy, unfortunately, but I was happy to try it. The meat and cheese board was nice. The staff were attentive although maybe a little slow and they forgot to bring water.
Overall we had a nice time but there were two things that disappointed me - the seating was not comfortable enough to sit for the 2+ hours we were there and the toilets left a lot to be desired.
We did enjoy it but it probably won’t be a repeat visit for us, unfortunately.