“skydive experience”

Ranked #1 of 18 Tours in Salisbury
Type: Skydiving, Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Welcome to Go Skydive the UK’s specialist Tandem Skydiving centre. If you’ve never skydived before – you’ve come to the right place. Our team of professional skydive instructors and support staff are specially trained to work with first-time tandem skydivers and our specialist equipment is selected for tandem skydiving only. We are regulated by the British Parachute Association adhering to their strict regulations as well as our own Go Skydive Standards of Excellence. So what's tandem skydiving like? Imagine an experience that puts your senses into overdrive. One that has your heart racing, the adrenaline pumping. And that leaves you so ecstatic you want to scream out loud. A tandem skydive is the ultimate adrenaline rush. When you jump out of a plane at 10-15,000 feet, you’re putting your trust in a total stranger. Literally throwing yourself into the unknown. Freefalling at 120mph is an experience like nothing on earth. Beyond exhilarating, it defies description. The only way to understand it is to do it. So, ready for the thrill of your life? Let’s do this!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Lockers / storage
Reviewed October 2, 2018

Fantastic experience, my husband and i bought this for our daughter for christmas, but she wanted me to go with her. I was very apprehensive about this, never having done anything like this before!
Shouldn't have worried, it was brilliant, very well looked after by amazing staff, really helpful and friendly, and put you at your ease and help you to feel confident. well worth doing.

LorraineD1574, Front Office Manager at GoSkydive, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2018

Hi Julie, it's great to hear that your unexpected skydive experience turned out to be a brilliant one. Thank you for your kind comments, I'll make sure that they are passed onto our team. We hope that your daughter also had a good day here with us. Warmest wishes from Lorraine and the GoSkydive team.

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"birthday present"
in 17 reviews

Reviewed October 1, 2018

Wow! What a money-making machine Go Skydive is.

You want to jump from 15,000ft like I did then that’ll be £318. Any extras?

You want your instructor to film you on a handcam (Go-Pro)? That’ll be £99.
You want a free-fall photographer to film you on a handcam (Go-Pro)? That’ll be £129.
You want both of the above? That’ll be £199.
You want copies of the photos that they take of you regardless when you land? That’ll be £30.
Are you over their weight limit? That could be another £30.
It’s almost a surprise that they don’t charge you to use the loo

If this jump is bought as a present (as mine was and for all of my fellow jumpers that day) then you’ve either going to need very generous partners/friends, dig deep into you own pocket of miss out on something.

The upsell during reception and induction is not subtle and it rather takes the shine of what should be a perfect day.

4  Thank resident_nobody

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for your comments, I am sorry that you felt the need to leave this review as we wouldn't give you your landing shots for free. Please let me address a couple of points with you.

The reason for the landing shot charges is the cost of having someone on the landing area taking these pictures. We aim to get between 30 and 60 shots, if we are able to get these for you, you are shown them and offered to buy all pictures for £30, we then put it on a USB stick for you to take away.

As you pointed out there is a charge incurred for being over 15 stone. We are one of the only centres in the UK that jump over 15 stone, there is a £10 charge for each stone over this point. The reason for this charge is the extra wear and tear on the equipment, the extra fuel costs in the plane but most importantly some of this goes to your instructor for the extra wear and tear on them. This is something covered in your confirmation emails and on the website.

Sorry you felt like you missed out on the camera packages as they were too expensive. All prices for camera are displayed on our website under the "capture your day" option. Also all the options and prices are well displayed when you arrive on site if you did want to add anything.

At check-in, we confirm your package and you go into induction, my Induction is all about having fun, letting you know what to expect on the day and trying to take away some of those nerves with my bad jokes. We do show a film with the different camera packages, as some people are unsure of the package they would like to add, so this gives them a helping hand. I am very sorry to hear that you feel like my induction was pushy and took the shine out of your day.

We hope you enjoyed your jump from 15,000ft.

Regards,

Lorraine and the GoSkydive team.

Reviewed September 30, 2018

Reviewed September 30, 2018

I did the l5000 ft jump yesterday and - wow - what a fantastic experience. The team were so professional. I experienced the "Totally Epic" skydive which includes a camera man who films the whole thing - be prepared to give a little "piece to camera" just before and after the dive - so think of something amazingly profound (or not) to share with the world. Yes, it was a bit scary at the point where I was sitting on the edge of the door of the plane, looking down at the whispy clouds, thinking "Right, I'll just get ready" but I only got as far as "R...." and next thing we were flying through the air. What a beautiful view. However, I felt completely safe at all times...and the landing was so gentle. What an amazing day - I'll remember it for the rest of my life. Thank you all. Still buzzing.

Hi Diane, it's great to hear that you had such a great and memorable experience here with us at GoSkydive. I'll pass your lovely comments to all the team. Your Totally Epic media footage was a great choice, as you'll be able to look back at your achievement and still feel the buzz in many years to come!! Warmest wishes from Lorraine and the GoSkydive team ; )

See more reviews
Reviewed September 29, 2018

GoSkydive & its wonderful team deserves every single star that I have given them for this review. I could not have been more satisfied with my entire experience. Here, I'd like to describe in detail how it all played out.
From the moment I decided to jump with them, they were thoroughly professional and guided me through every teeny tiny detail up till the date of my jump. So by the time I arrived at the jump site, my excitement couldn't be contained. Truth be told, I was feeling like a kid in a candy store.
The young lady at the reception greeted me and verified my name on her checklist after which I headed towards the main reception for the official check-in process. This was followed up with a briefing demonstration by an enthusiastic staff member(Lilly if I recall correctly) including a video just so that everyone knew beforehand what to expect. While I waited outside basking in the beautiful sun that would intermittently hide behind the clouds, my ears were constantly directed towards the speakers, yearning to hear my name in order to suit up for the dive.
I had my first adrenaline rush when my name was announced. Giddying-up to the kit room, I rapidly transitioned into my jumpsuit and assembled with a few other divers in the training room where Pete, a top instructor, quickly ran us through the fundamental skydiving positions. After having learnt well from his masterful teaching techniques, we were ushered outside where we waited for our ride to land.
The tandem instructors began to call out their student divers and I was absolutely delighted that Sir Henk called out my name. I had read about his achievements on the website before and had I been asked to choose, I would have picked him blindfolded. Once we got acquainted, it was an honor for me to have been paired with him. With his hilarious little quirks and an awe-inspiring body language, the few nerves that remained vanished quickly. Before we took the plunge, he checked and re-checked my harness that made me feel like I'd be stepping out of the plane on a ladder. My confidence in him shot through the roof and I was able to appreciate fully the sensation of free-fall without an ounce of fear. Once the parachute deployed, Sir Henk handed over both the yellow toggles to me and under his instructions, I maneuvered the parachute; a moment of pure ecstacy. The landing felt like sliding onto a goosefeather mattress and as I lay against my instructor on the ground, I can safely say that I was flashing all 32 teeth.
A huge shout-out to the gorgeous Amy of course, my free-fall photographer. She was bloody brilliant and caught some of my best lifetime memories on camera. During free-fall, she came right up to me and I shook her hand. From that point on, I knew that she would catch me in case Sir Henk decided to have a bit of fun and let me go:). Upon landing, she immediately ran up to me to congratulate me and I experienced a sense of accomplishment like never before.
Everybody at the dive site was welcoming, caring and super-energized. Even the friends & relatives accompanying the divers seemed to be having a blast. On the plane ride, I thoroughly enjoyed how the instructors kept joking around with one another. It was simply impossible not to have a blast.
Salisbury is an amazing city in its own right and to be able to skydive at such a breathtaking location with a fantastic team was a dream come true. Be prepared Go Skydive!!! I'll be back for more:)

1  Thank JHUSOM
LorraineD1574, Front Office Manager at GoSkydive, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2018

WOW, thank you JHUSOM for such an amazing review. It has been a pleasure reading this! I love the detail you have gone into about the whole experience, I will pass all of your comments to the ladies in the office, Millie, Barb and Lorraine who met you on jump day and did your check in and induction, Pete, Sir Henk and the gorgeous Amy, also to the rest of the team.
We would love to see some of those pics Amy took of you so if you share them don't forget to tag us in them :)
We are very much looking forward to seeing you again. Call the ladies in the office to use those money off vouchers you have for your next jump.
See you soon.
Lorraine and the GoSkydive team.