All reviews homemade jams wonderful hosts wealth of knowledge walking tour fresh fruit salad breakfast was delicious helpful information b and b exeter street large table fellow guests the location is perfect each morning parking permit bed and breakfast surrounding area wonderful stay
Reviewed January 8, 2018 via mobile

Look up “friendly” in the dictionary and you’ll find a picture of Steve and Wenda.
I stayed in room three with a nice view of the Cathedral spire. Upon arrival Steve was a wealth of information. (I clearly need three or four days to take in this city!)
The room was spacious with charmingly squeaky floors that are to be expected in the house that was built in 1795. I was on the top floor so the only squeaking I heard was my own.
Hot shower. Big, soft bath towels (I just love it when the towels are as big and thick as the ones I use at home), quiet room and a wonderful view of the cathedral spire all at a reasonable price.
Breakfast was delicious. Homemade croissants right out of the oven served with Steve’s homemade raspberry and strawberry jam. The coffee was fresh ground and brewed just for me.
Last but not least there were two delicious homemade cookies waiting for me in my room when I arrived. Such a nice touch.
Thanks Steve and Wenda! I’ll be back.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed January 7, 2018 via mobile

Great place! It was very clean, warm and pleasant. The staff was smiling, polite and always available. The food was tasty and well served. I would love to stay there again and hope this will happen soon. I will not forget it !!!

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed January 2, 2018

Cathedral View offers the quintessential bed and breakfast experience. Steve and Wenda took great care of us during our stay, giving us tips on what to do and where to go in the surrounding area. The house was spotless from top to bottom and offered a homely atmosphere. The bedroom was very comfortable, with a huge bed, and was quiet overnight. Breakfast was made to order and both the pancakes and full english were tasty and filling. The home made muesli and preserves were a nice touch too, as were the homemade Anzac biscuits waiting for us when we arrived.

Room tip: Room 4 has a huge bed and a sizeable bathroom too.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
cathedralfan, Owner at Cathedral View, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2018

a perfect review from a lovely perfect couple. Thank you so much for taking the time to write this. Every good review helps us!.

Reviewed December 21, 2017

What a wonderful B&B, right outside the gate leading to Salisbury Cathedral and the terrific Salisbury Museum. Steve and Wenda were very welcoming and took great care of us before and during our stay. The room was lovely and spotless, and breakfast was fantastic and made particularly special with the addition of Steve's homemade preserves. So very close to everything too.

Room tip: Nice view from the second floor, very quiet too.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Grandison K
Reviewed December 13, 2017

Great location, friendly welcome and delicious breakfast. My room was cozy and warm with a very comfy bed. Weather was chilly during my stay so I really appreciated the coziness. Steve kindly provided expert info on Salisbury's attractions, making my visit even more pleasant. A great and homely place to stay!

• Trip type: Travelled solo