“Great evening meal.”

Gilbey's Bar & Restaurant - Eton
Reserve with OpenTable
Gilbey's Bar & Restaurant - Eton is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 15 Restaurants in Eton
Price range: US$26 - US$85
Cuisines: European
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 15, 2018 via mobile

Having lived around Windsor and Eton for 15 years for some reason we had never tried Gilbey’s, after eating there on Monday night we will certainly return.
Great service, great food, one of us stuck to the set menu, the other chose ‘a la carte’. Both options were beautifully presented and tasty. Would definitely recommend.

Reviewed February 14, 2018

Booked a table with a friend and enjoyed the excellent set lunch menu for £20. Mussels to start followed by Cheesecake, delicious. Staff were friendly and attentive overall a very pleasant experience.

3  Thank SilviaButton
Reviewed February 12, 2018

We simply wandered in on a Friday evening looking for a nice relaxed environment and some great food. We got there quite early and were given a great table in the conservatory. We ordered from the set menu and I ended up with the most incredible Cornish mussels with generous sides. My friend had lovely fresh hake and of course puddings - good selection.
I don't normally find myself in Eton but would definitely go back for the beautiful food and professional yet relaxed service.

Reviewed February 8, 2018 via mobile

Small, clean and very nice place. Really good food and the unique waiter. I'll be back the next time I'll be nearby

Reviewed January 30, 2018

Met our friends for a lovely Sunday lunch. Table for four in the rear dining room with the bar. Very nice ambience and staff very attentive. Food choices were: the unusual cauliflower panna cotta which is recommended. It's rich and the portion quite large but very nice. The rest of us had the beetroot smoked salmon which was delicious. Main course was two roast beefs which the girls devoured and praised highly. My friend had the roast pork belly - again to rave reviews. I had the duck leg in orange which I really did enjoy. Very moist with a crispy skin. We had a couple of beers and the girls had glasses of Merlot which they enjoyed. Picking up the driving duties I also had an alcohol free beer (more restaurants need to do this). I had the cheese board to finish which was tasty but only two cheeses - min three would be nice. Cost about 40 pounds per person. One point is that parking in Eton is very difficult so recommended you park in Windsor and walk over the bridge.

1  Thank Jon636