All reviews the river an italian restaurant specials board friendly hotel one night stay would highly recommend this hotel would stay again bed was very comfortable car park tea and coffee cooked breakfast fat duck trevi stroud spruce riverside bath
Reviewed March 27, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here one night whilst walking the Thames Path, it is bang on the route with the Thames across the way
The reception staff were friendly and efficient.
My room was adequate, everything you need. A good bath with lots of hot water
It was live music night but I never heard a thing. Only the birds woke me in the morning.
I didn't try either of the two restaurants.
The breakfast however was the best I'd had all week. Everything you could want.
If you are in the area this is a good basic base to stay.

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Prudol
ThamesHotel, Manager at The Thames Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2018

Good Evening Prudol

Thank you for taking the time to write a review we always value guest feedback

I'm pleased to hear the staff were friendly and efficient during your stay and you enjoyed a nice hot relaxing bath.

Our full English breakfast is always a hit with our customers, even better to know its the best you had during your travels

We hope to welcome you back to the Thames Hotel soon

Kind regards

Reviewed March 8, 2018

I have been staying for work now for some months. I'm so glad I found this place. The staff are without exception friendly and helpful (and characterful! you know they have not just been dragged in off the street - there is little staff turnover which I always think can tell you a great deal). The food is great - with a constantly changing menu (not just a laminated limited selection but lots of specials) with the Italian "Trevi" restaurant serving some proper Italian food - with great service. The wifi is good (and free). The bar is pleasant (and can also get some good food there too). As some have noted the rooms are perhaps a little dated, but nevertheless clean and comfortable. Given how much I have to stay away this is the perfect place. If you like bland corporate places then maybe this is not for you - if you want somewhere with character, great location and all else as above - then you will be more than happy.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank strafft
ThamesHotel, Manager at The Thames Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2018

Mr Strafford Taylor

You are one of our most frequent guests and we really do value your custom. I was super happy to hear that you have extended your contract so we can see more of you :-)

We are far from being a bland corporate place here at the Thames Hotel. We are proud to be different from the chains and always try and look after our guests with all their individual needs.

I will pass on your lovely review to my team

Its a real pleasure having you stay with us and we will see you again soon

Reviewed March 3, 2018

The staff of this hotel were very friendly & efficient, the room was very comfortable & had every thing we required, situated on lovely site overlooking the river. A very good breakfast & also a very good restaurant with a good menu & very good staff. We really enjoyed our stay here & would stay here again.

Room tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter, our room overlooked the river.
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Good Evening Jeffrey

Thank you for taking the time to write a review

It sounds like we covered all areas of your stay and you thoroughly enjoyed yourselves. I do hope you had a nice relaxing break

We will hopefully welcome you back to the Thames Hotel soon

Reviewed March 3, 2018 via mobile

My birthday 3 rd of march.. great staff who love us locals . I do like the food here always top nocht....this is our local good beers and food .... grahame and alison stroud of maidenhead ... if you love food try this place.....

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Good Evening Elga

Thank you for taking the time to write a review we always appreciate such lovely feedback.

Happy belated birthday :-) its a good to hear the team in the bar always look after you when you come in and you always enjoy the food here.

We are very lucky to have such lovely regular customers

We will see you soon

Kind regards

Reviewed March 1, 2018 via mobile

Stayed for one night for work purposes and found what I expected it to be: -

On the plus side it’s cheap, staff were all friendly and helpful, food was nice (both dinner and breakfast).

On the not so good side, most of the hotel is tired and needs modernising (easier said than paid for I’m sure!); bedroom was small and bed not that comfortable.

However, so long as you know all this in advance it does offer value for money.

Trip type: Travelled on business
ThamesHotel, Manager at The Thames Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2018

Good Evening Kent

Thank you for taking the time to write a review

I'm Happy to hear you enjoyed both meals during your stay and the team looked after you

We are slowly getting parts of the Hotel Refurbished but this is a long process as the rooms are always being used.

We hope to welcome you back to the Thames Hotel Soon