“No frills, but excellent value!”
Review of Dee & Steve's B&B

Dee & Steve's B&B
Ranked #13 of 23 Windsor B&B and Inns
Asia
“No frills, but excellent value!”
Reviewed 27 May 2012

I recently stayed at Dee and Steve's and was quite pleased. I had stayed at Langton House for a few nights on a prior trip and was disappointed when two of my email inquiries went unanswered. I'm grateful now that they were. I only needed a room for one night on my way out of the UK (via Heathrow which was a 10 min taxi ride away) and staying at Dee and Steve's saved me 20GBP over Langton House for a single en-suite and fulfilled all my needs. I was able to check-in early (1100) to drop off my bag and freshen up before heading out into Windsor. Dee, Steve and Anne (who served breakfast) were all very friendly. My only disappointment is that there is no family room if I happen to come back to Windsor with my family of 5!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank ajmoreno25

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Grass Valley, California
Reviewed 20 May 2012

If your primary objective for a stay in Windsor is to pay as little as possible then Dee & Steve's qualifies. But I must disagree with a previous reviewer's description of the property as "spotlessly clean" as it wasn't. The tea tray and kettle were far from clean. I decided to wash the kettle before using it and found the dish cloths in the kitchen sink also dirty. Oh dear. The blind on the window above the bed had what appeared to be years of dust on it and a throw pillow resting against the pillow on the bed had a clearly defined footprint on it, all toes accounted for (the brown pillow). And on the subject of feet, unpleasantly, the sink had what appeared to be a toenail clipping in it. In addition the pillows were lumpy, the mattress pad was rumpled under the sheet and I was not able to smooth it, 1 bathmat was provided for 2 single rooms and the closet was supplied with dozens of wire, and otherwise free, coat hangers. It would cost them next to nothing to provide a supply of cheap but nice looking and uniform plastic hangers. Nit picking maybe but an example of a tacky and avoidable cost cutting measure. While the ground floor lounge and kitchen were up to date my room had worn and unattractive furniture.

Our hostess at breakfast was a lovely woman and breakfast was good. Also Dee allowed me to check in early which I appreciated. But the kindness didn't, in my opinion make up for the deficiencies and I wouldn't stay again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank jyphoto
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 May 2012

We visited Windsor over a busy weekend. All the rooms Dee & Steve's B&B were fully booked and Dee was nice to offer us a private room in their own home to stay as the whole of Windsor will be quite overbooked due to the Royal Windsor Horse Show which we did not know about.

We had a great and comfortable stay there. Dee made arrangement to have us collect our keys without hassle as our check in time coincided with the time she'll have an appointment. The B&B is just a short and easy 10 mins walk from the train station.

Breakfast next day was good and it was pretty lively at the breakfast area with everyone around (Dee, Steve and their helpers). We had a nice time chatting with Steve about London.

We checked-out and left our luggage in the B&B while we tour Windsor Castle and came back to pick up our luggage before heading back to London. It was then that I found my favourite Mason Pearson hairbrush on top of my luggage. I've left it in the room that morning and I am really grateful to have it returned to me just in time.

We've had a pleasant experience and won't hesitate to stay at Dee & Steve's B&B again if we ever return to Windsor!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank acme15
Swansea
Reviewed 26 October 2011

We visited Windsor for a break and stayed at Dee and Steve's for 2 nights. The accommodation is spotlessly clean and very comfortable. It is in an excellent location, a short stroll from the town centre. There are plenty of restaurants, we visited Castello Italian restaurant and the wonderful Greek taverna Latino - both close to the Guildhall. Also worthy of a mention is Patisserie Valerie which is in the railway station concourse and has cakes to die for!

Dee and Steve are very welcoming and do everything they can to make sure you have a lovely stay. Breakfast is excellent, cooked freshly to order by Anne. This B&B is highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank scotsheather
Franklin, Tn.
Reviewed 20 July 2011

We stayed at Dee & Steve's one night on our vacation. The room was great, bed wonderful (we had just flown in from the states), very quiet, and well appointed. Steve gave us a wonderful recommendation for dinner, and breakfast was outstanding. The location was fantastic, just a few blocks from everything Windsor. Our only problem was parking, which was at a public lot a few blocks away. We had a little trouble finding the lot, could have been jet lag and driving on the other side of the road. So my suggestion would be for a map, and more detailed instructions as there were several parking lots all in the same vicinity and we weren't sure which one we should use. Highly recommend this B * B if you're staying overnight in Windsor.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 April 2011

short and to the point the best bb we have stayed in, we requested to arrive early to enable us to travel to london and from that monent nothing was to much trouble, the accomodation was clean and comfortable, breakfast was and superior to many class hotels all cooked fresh and whatever you wanted and the home made muesli was just superb, mine host dee and steve are just genuine nice people and we will certainly return and have no hesitation in highly recommending.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kenneth b
Missouri
Reviewed 1 May 2010

We had the pleasure of staying with Dee and Steve in their lovely home / BB last fall. These are delightful people in every way and know how to make your stay special.

The room we had was comfy and clean and the beds comfortable. The establishment is withing walking distance from all the sites of Windsor, or a very affordable cab ride if you don't want or can't make the stroll.

The morning breakfast is cooked to order and very good. We stayed with them 2 nights and will definitely choose them again upon traveling back to Windsor.

Just a wonderful experience!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple