Macdonald Windsor Hotel
  • Bar/Lounge
US$90
US$78
Agoda.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
3,053 results
All reviewsvalet parkingcupcakesopposite the castlelovely hotelcar parkhigh streetperfect locationcooked breakfastmini barweekend breakwould highly recommend this hotellovely touchexecutive roomfantastic staylovely roombreakfast was excellentstayed for one night
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Prior to arrival my booking experience was handled very well. As I was travelling with my sister and daughter my needs and concerns were dealt with promptly and professionally. I did however book the carpark at a later date and was only made aware of the situation of the carpark from other reviews on this site. Fortunately a policeman guided us in the right direction and we abandoned the car with the valet, ran through the hotel and arrived to see the changing of the guard! (something else to consider as a few minutes later and we would of been held up as the road is closed)
We had an executive suite 117 with Castle View (you can just see the Castle) opposite Guildhall and the crooked house.
The room was very spacious and absolutely beautiful. The furnishings and decor are very tasteful and of a very high quality. The bathroom and cleanliness throughout were of a very high standard and immaculate. I have recently stayed in a supposed 5* and apparently it is acceptable to have mould in your bathroom because it would appear I am too fussy, for that I make no apology!!
Lots of mirrors and sockets ALL in the right place, a minor detail but we were 3 girlies!
One irk of mine and I have taken it up with other hotels is why the sofa beds are made up when you arrive. Not only is it in the way but you have no where to sit.
The turndown service was a surprise and the robes and chocolates laid out a lovely touch. We really felt cared for.
As we were on the front there was a little traffic noise but didn't keep us awake.
Caleys for breakfast again did not disappoint, the ambiance and atmosphere were lovely and made for a fabulous start to a sunday. We were attended to as soon as we walked in, the buffet with a large selection of cereals, fruits and cold cuts were all laid out on the bar. Our orders for cooked breakfasts were taken and what a delight to have it brought to you, nothing at all was too much trouble. The best cooked breakfast I have had in a long time.
How sad were we to leave but having had a taste of the Macdonald brand I shall undoubtedly be back for more.

Will write seperate reviews but purpose of trip was to visit Mercedes-Benz World for a driving experience for my daughter. We visited Windsor Castle which is well worth it and took us a good 3 hours. We also booked a tour of Eton which although was only an hour was very informative and gave us a sample how the college has progressed.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank JueL07
GM_Windsor, General Manager at Macdonald Windsor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2012

Dear Wallychops,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to submit such a glowing review following your stay at the Macdonald Windsor Hotel.

I was pleased to note that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay and we appreciate such a helpful and detailed review.

I will be delighted to share your feedback with the team, as I know they will be encouraged by it.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Macdonald Windsor Hotel in the very near future.

Reviewed April 22, 2012

This was my third stay at the Macdonald Windsor Hotel. The staff were friendly and helpful, as always, and the room was absolutely beautiful. The location is perfect for sightseeing and shopping and the hotel is clean and luxurious. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Windsor.

• Stayed: April 2012

Dear pollygibbs,

I was pleased to note that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for such a positive review.

I will be delighted to share your feedback with the team as I know they will be encouraged by it.

Reviewed April 22, 2012

Did use the hotel parking and whilst not cheap was well worth the convenience...a few steps to the rear entrance. Check in was easy and the concierge was helpful. Had asked for a quiet room and certainly got that up on the 5th floor. Room was lovely. Didnt eat in the hotel as so much choice on the doorstep. Watched the changing of the guard from the front door - impressive!

Stayed: April 2012

Dear Aly A,

Reviewed April 21, 2012

Wonderful hotel, location, rooms and service. One of the best breakfast I had in years

• Stayed: April 2012

Dear morghi76,

I was pleased to note that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially your breakfast experience and the service you received from the team. We appreciate such a helpful review.

Reviewed April 17, 2012

My girlfriend treated me to a weekend in this hotel for my birthday. All I can say is what a fantastic choice she made. We arrived on Saturday afternoon and left on Monday and I honestly couldn't say a bad word about anything. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff who were all polite, very smart and clearly took great pride in their work. We ate in the hotel restaurant on the Saturday evening and I must say the food was superb, as was breakfast on both mornings. The hotel is slap bang in the middle of the High Street opposite the Castle which is perfect.

Having introduced my girlfriend to Horse racing(and her liking it) I look forward to many more stays at this hotel and trips to Windsor races!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Richard V
GM_Windsor, General Manager at Macdonald Windsor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2012

Dear Richard V,