2,741 results
All reviewswest wingthe riverrocky horrorhammer horrordeck chairsafternoon teabeautiful hotelfat duckbeautiful groundsthe main houseglass of champagnetennis courtsleisure facilitiesa river view roomlovely settingsandwichesspecial occasion
Reviewed October 2, 2017 via mobile

We went to Oakley court for an anniversary afternoon tea on Saturday afternoon. The venue was lovely our table was right in the window and we could see the lovely gardens and river from our seats. The choice of tea was good we had earl grey and dragon wall which was yummy. The sandwiches were nice and they catered for our nut and fish allergies. The cakes were amazing especially the macaroon. The scones with the choice of jams were good too. I would recommend this venue for a decadent afternoon tea.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Jake R, Sales & Marketing Executive at The Oakley Court, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2017

Dear sakerman,

I am delighted you had a lovely anniversary Afternoon Tea and thank you for sharing that special occasion with us. It is always great to hear we have helped make a special event even more memorable and with our ornate Drawing Room for a backdrop overlooking the landscaped grounds and River Thames - It truly makes for a stunning experience.

To know you would recommend us is testament to the whole teams hard work and I very much hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed September 27, 2017

My husband and I were treated to the afternoon tea with champagne experience as a gift. We received a warm, friendly welcome from the staff. The tea room was spacious and very comfortable. The service, food and drink were excellent, generous and we felt unrushed.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Jake R, Sales & Marketing Executive at The Oakley Court, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2017

Dear pearlywhirly2016

Thank you for your kind review and I glad to hear you had a wonderful Champagne Afternoon Tea experience with us.

In particular I am glad you enjoyed the service and will be passing your comments on to our hard working team members.

Do return soon, perhaps for a stay next time?!

Reviewed September 27, 2017 via mobile

The hotel really is in a great spot on the river. It's ideal for an active stay and has walking routes, running routes, gym, pool and bikes to borrow. It's also great as a base for sightseeing locally or in London. It's also incredibly relaxing. Think log fires, laden bookcases, great views, fantastic grounds, decor, gothic splendour and spacious rooms. A delight was the breakfast buffet which is laid out beautifully with every attention to detail.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank ochre8

Dear ochre8

I was delighted to hear you enjoyed all aspects of our 'fantastic location' and managed to make full use of our onsite leisure facilities as well.

The riverside setting is certainly relaxing and add in our intimate lounge areas with log fires and you have a perfect getaway!

I hope we can welcome you back soon for another brilliant experience.

Reviewed September 27, 2017 via mobile

The hotel and its gardens are very beautiful, especially the outside deck invites the guests to an afternoon in the picturesque surroundings. However, the circa 50 ladybugs we had in our room one night (we did not have the windows open, so we did not figure out where they came from) where not very gladly seen. Staff is very friendly but extremely badly trained: duvets, sheets, towels and trolleys lie/stand in the corridors everyday and for the whole day. Apparently nobody has ever told them that these things should remain in the room cleaned at the time so not to disturb other guests. Also, the lady doing the check-out did not know that newspapers are included in some rooms (as her colleague told us at check-in). The language capabilities are generally rather poor. One would expect management to take care of such issues...

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Jake R, Sales & Marketing Executive at The Oakley Court, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2017

Dear M P

Thank you for your comments. I am pleased you enjoyed the extensive grounds and our Terrace restaurant, they really are the perfect place to while away an afternoon.

However, I am sorry that you were not 100% satisfied with your stay and please be assured your feedback regarding Housekeeping has been taken on board. We hope to be able to welcome you back on another occasion and provide a service more in keeping with the high standards we set ourselves.

Reviewed September 25, 2017

My husband booked this hotel as a surprise gift for me as I wanted to visit Windsor Castle. On arrival first impressions were great but we were allocated an annex room in an outbuilding which was bland and tired with no wardrobe doors! The room was badly designed but not lacking in space but why oh why no wardrobe doors! Even wheelchair users can open and close doors. Absolutely hated seeing an iron and ironing board resting in the corner. Access to the hotel was diabolical with staff having to place a ramp just to get into reception. To add further insult when going for breakfast there was no wheelchair access to the dining room. After placing ramps to get in we were shown to an empty room to take breakfast but we could hear people chatting and asked if we could dine in the restaurant. I cried and am sure the staff noticed. There was no access to the dining room so we had to go outside and navigate shingle paths to the back of the hotel just to join the other guests in the breakfast room thank goodness the rain had stopped.

My surprise weekend was a total disappointment and I can not recommend this hotel. I was so upset and couldn’t wait to leave and didn’t want to speak to the management so I really hope they read this.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank P D
Jake R, Sales & Marketing Executive at The Oakley Court, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2017

Dear P D,

Thank you for your comments.

I was disappointed to read your comments regarding the bedrooms, as the lack of wardrobe doors isn't exclusive to our accessible rooms but an initiative we are instigating in many of our refurbished rooms to ensure a cleaner and smoother design. I am sorry if this concept wasn't to your personal liking.

As a Grade II* Listed Building, we are limited in amendments we can make to the structure of the main house and as such ensure we have ramps and our onsite butlers available 24 hours a day to assist all our guests.

The area you were shown to for breakfast is our newly refurbished top section of The Dining Room which is fully accessible. Many of our customers chose this area as it is quieter and provides a more relaxing breakfast setting. Once, you asked to move our Head Butler was happy to assist you to our lower section.

It is never our intention for any guest to have anything less than an enjoyable experience here at the hotel and I hope the points outlined above go some way to helping provide a clearer understanding of the concerns raised.