2,740 results
All reviewswest wingthe riverrocky horrorhammer horrordeck chairsafternoon teabeautiful hotelfat duckbeautiful groundsthe main houseglass of champagnetennis courtsleisure facilitiesa river view roomlovely settingsandwichesspecial occasion
Reviewed October 9, 2017 via mobile

We had our 2 day strategic review excercise here. This hotel is situated in a peaceful environment along the river Thames. The restaurant serves excellent food and staff member are utmost friendly and helpful. The rooms are nicely dressed. The gym and swimmingpool facilities are excellent and for many of us a good way to work out after a good day of work. You can also enjoy a cricket game, a walk along the Thames
If you have a seminar to organize, I can really recommend this place

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Xavier G
Jake R, Sales & Marketing Executive at The Oakley Court, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2017

Dear Xavier G,

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed every aspect of your recent business trip with us.
As you have pointed out, we are very lucky to have the perfect countryside location along the banks of the River Thames and this is accompanied nicely with our wide array of leisure facilities onsite which provide options for all guests.

We believe we have provided the best creative environment for any meeting/seminar and I am delighted you agree. Most importantly, I am glad to hear you found our staff to be friendly and helpful as they are a true testament to the hotel.

I do hope we can welcome you back again soon, perhaps for a leisure break next time?

Reviewed October 9, 2017

Just wanted to post this as I looked at this hotel in excitement, thought yes (even for half term) its within reach of our budget. But when I phoned up the price is just hiked up again and i was told its because of half term and their being hardly anything left. Its just wrong. (should be the other way round with late availability!!)

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Dear Jo G

Thank you for your post regarding your recent call to the hotel. As you can imagine, Half Term is a very busy time for short breaks and as such we have offered an array of fantastic package options for our guests which have proven very popular.

As we have very limited availability for this period, our current rates are competitive to the local market and style of property. Our focus is always on guest experience, ensuring the very best service to our in house guests.

Reviewed October 8, 2017

It was in the 70’s that I came here to photograph a wedding that I first admired the location and mansion. Working I never had time to fully appreciate the location, however I put it in my memory bank and knew that I may revisit someday.
And that day came, one of my models had a cancellation so we decided on a Sunday Lunch, the rain held off, so in the grounds memories came back to when the House of Hammer used the location for the many films they made.
Using the Gothic Mansion and the river for a backdrop we soon forgot that we were here for lunch.
Frank the Barman made me the best orange and mango juice, and was always on hand for any occasion.
The Sunday Lunch followed . One could have a 2 or 3 course lunch. And I must say the starters in their starter room was an impressive sight and taste. I went for the Roast beef and all the trimmings from a large open vegetable dish with every vegetable I could think of. Finally finished with an excellent choice of dessert.
Rounding off the afternoon perusing the inside of the mansion, one thing I noticed was the only items for sale at reception was small pots of honey. And nothing of House of Hammer items. Strange! Perhaps theirs a copyright/license problem. However we found some film posters of Vincent Lee and Peter Cushing on one of the walls. And Frank rounded off the afternoon with Coffee.
We had a wonderful afternoon and I will be certainly going back.

Room Tip: Not sure if there's lifts in this listed building. it would be wise to find out
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Flicktone
Jake R, Sales & Marketing Executive at The Oakley Court, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2017

Dear Flicktone

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent Sunday Lunch experience here with us. It is fascinating to hear you previously shot a wedding here in the 70s and have now returned, able to relive the magic of all the productions made on our iconic grounds.

It is wonderful to know you truly appreciated our Sunday Lunch offering and the vast amount of choice on offer. Naturally, we are always proudest to hear our staff have provided the sort of attentive service that we strive to deliver to all our guests. Please be assured I will be passing your kind comments on to Frank.

Do consider returning soon and perhaps for a stay next time?

Reviewed October 7, 2017 via mobile

Sitting right next to the River Thames with a beautiful building and gardens, this hotel presents a nice frontage. Check in was smooth but the key cards given failed on us twice.

The bar is rather small and on a Saturday lunchtime people could not find any seats due to a wedding and reservations for afternoon tea.

All the staff we encountered were friendly and helpful and is probably the best asset of this hotel

We had paid for a river view room, which did have a lovely view but the room itself was very tired. The pillows were flat and lumpy and the bed linen felt rather rough. The mini bar was mean with just 2 bottles of water and the rooms aircon was noisy. The bathroom had lots of broken tiles with stained grouting and sealant, also quite a lot of hairs in the bath from a previous guest.

We didn’t eat in the hotel so unable to comment on the food.

All in all it was ok but could have been so much better. Quite pricey for what you actually get

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay.

I am glad to hear you were able to enjoy our beautiful landscaped grounds and river frontage. We are incredibly fortunate to have such a wonderful backdrop and a truly unique building.

I am particularly pleased to hear your praise for our staff members who you quite rightly name as our best asset. We are rightly proud of the personable service of our team who thrive to ensure all guests have the best service possible.

Naturally I was disappointed to hear about the issues with your room and had this been mentioned at the time, we would have endeavoured to resolve the issues to ensure your stay was in keeping with our high standards. Please do note we do not provide mini bars in our rooms, they are small fridges with water and milk alongside full tea & coffee making facilities. With regards to the bathroom, I have instructed our Maintenance & Housekeeping teams to investigate this fully.

Hopefully we can welcome you back in future for a stay that is more befitting of our overall high standards.

Reviewed October 6, 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for a business conference and the public parts of the hotel were fine.
However the room (in the courtyard) was old fashioned and badly in need of refurbishment, in particular the bathroom. I could not get any hot water out of the shower however long I left it to run and to top off the joy, reception gave a room key to some guy from the local swimming club who apparently uses that room as a changing room and who tried to get into it whilst I was getting dressed. Reception told me they'd told him only to use it later in the day but that doesn't really address the issue of why they considered it appropriate to give him a key to an occupied room in the first place.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank mikki_hache

Dear mikki_hache,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay.

I am sorry to hear your room wasnt to your liking and had we been aware of any issues with the water at the time, our on site maintenance team would have been able to rectify the issue immediately.

Please accept my apologies for a miscommunication between our reception and leisure club team regarding the intrusion during your stay. Please be assure this will be investigated to avoid future issues.

I hope we can welcome you back in future to enjoy a stay thats more in-keeping with our usual high standards.