2,783 results
All reviews west wing the river rocky horror hammer horror deck chairs afternoon tea beautiful hotel fat duck beautiful grounds the main house glass of champagne tennis courts leisure facilities a river view room lovely setting sandwiches waiting staff
Reviewed October 11, 2017

We came here for one night and it was perfect in every way! Lots of parking for our approval. Pleasant check in, complimentary bubbles while checking in too!
We booked a suite and it was huge! The view was amazing, we had a river view room. The bed had plenty room, could of fit one more in the bed! We had a huge bathroom too and had a living room.
The grounds are beautiful. The wooden animals and big hotel really add something special for us while staying.
We had a meal with friends to celebrate their 20th wedding anniversary and it was great. All the food was full of flavour - steak especially! Breakfast was excellent too - make your own waffles!!!
It really was a lovely stay. Location is close to the main tourism areas of Windsor too. Highly recommend this hotel for a special night away. There is a swimming pool and gym too, but we did not use.

Room Tip: West wing suite
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Shelley O
Jake R, Sales & Marketing Executive at The Oakley Court, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2017

Dear Shelley B

Thank you for your kind review and I am naturally thrilled to hear you found your experience here to be "perfect in every way"!

It certainly sounds like you enjoyed the ample space our river facing suites provide, ensuring an ideal location to admire the stunning grounds and driftwood artwork regardless of the weather!

In particular it is very pleasing to hear you found all the food to be full of flavour, we are extremely lucky to have a talented kitchen team who work tirelessly to ensure all meals are of the highest standard and it certainly sounds as if you managed to enjoy just that.

We hope we can welcome you back again soon for another 'perfect' stay with us in the not so distant future.

Reviewed October 11, 2017

We returned 30yrs later to one of our favourite hotels in the world and were so pleased to find that, while there were some changes, Oakley Court retains its enchanting old world charm. Close to Heathrow, this is the perfect place to recover from jet-lag, quiet afternoon teas in the exquisite drawing room, after dinner drinks beside the fire in the library, buffet breakfast in the delightful pantry, yet without the stuffiness that many English boutique hotels still exude. The hotel has transitioned from a businessman's retreat to a small conference/wedding venue and weekend family break without sacrificing its charm and excellent service. The stunning location, on the Thames, in extensive grounds that include a large kitchen garden, encourages relaxing in the lawn chairs and gentle strolls. More enthusiastic guests can use the free bikes to visit nearby Windsor Castle, or rent an E-boat to gently cruise the Thames, note...the curious swans paddle faster. Oh, and the dining is excellent..why leave, this is one of the best locations in all of England!

Room Tip: Ask for a river view room in the east wing.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Quadracat

Dear Quadracat

What a delight it was to read such a lovely, glowing review. Thank you for your kind words and I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your return visit to the hotel, appreciating both our new touches and the classic charm which the building exudes.

We truly are blessed with our stunning riverside location and the vast grounds at our disposal which provide multiple activities and ample enjoyment for all our guests year round.

For you to credit us as "one of the best locations in all of England" is a testament to our hard working team, facilities and the wonderful setting. Do please come back and visit us again but perhaps sooner than 30 years next time?!

Reviewed October 9, 2017 via mobile

We had our 2 day strategic review excercise here. This hotel is situated in a peaceful environment along the river Thames. The restaurant serves excellent food and staff member are utmost friendly and helpful. The rooms are nicely dressed. The gym and swimmingpool facilities are excellent and for many of us a good way to work out after a good day of work. You can also enjoy a cricket game, a walk along the Thames
If you have a seminar to organize, I can really recommend this place

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank 817xavierg
Jake R, Sales & Marketing Executive at The Oakley Court, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2017

Dear Xavier G,

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed every aspect of your recent business trip with us.
As you have pointed out, we are very lucky to have the perfect countryside location along the banks of the River Thames and this is accompanied nicely with our wide array of leisure facilities onsite which provide options for all guests.

We believe we have provided the best creative environment for any meeting/seminar and I am delighted you agree. Most importantly, I am glad to hear you found our staff to be friendly and helpful as they are a true testament to the hotel.

I do hope we can welcome you back again soon, perhaps for a leisure break next time?

Reviewed October 9, 2017

Just wanted to post this as I looked at this hotel in excitement, thought yes (even for half term) its within reach of our budget. But when I phoned up the price is just hiked up again and i was told its because of half term and their being hardly anything left. Its just wrong. (should be the other way round with late availability!!)

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Dear Jo G

Thank you for your post regarding your recent call to the hotel. As you can imagine, Half Term is a very busy time for short breaks and as such we have offered an array of fantastic package options for our guests which have proven very popular.

As we have very limited availability for this period, our current rates are competitive to the local market and style of property. Our focus is always on guest experience, ensuring the very best service to our in house guests.

Reviewed October 8, 2017

It was in the 70’s that I came here to photograph a wedding that I first admired the location and mansion. Working I never had time to fully appreciate the location, however I put it in my memory bank and knew that I may revisit someday.
And that day came, one of my models had a cancellation so we decided on a Sunday Lunch, the rain held off, so in the grounds memories came back to when the House of Hammer used the location for the many films they made.
Using the Gothic Mansion and the river for a backdrop we soon forgot that we were here for lunch.
Frank the Barman made me the best orange and mango juice, and was always on hand for any occasion.
The Sunday Lunch followed . One could have a 2 or 3 course lunch. And I must say the starters in their starter room was an impressive sight and taste. I went for the Roast beef and all the trimmings from a large open vegetable dish with every vegetable I could think of. Finally finished with an excellent choice of dessert.
Rounding off the afternoon perusing the inside of the mansion, one thing I noticed was the only items for sale at reception was small pots of honey. And nothing of House of Hammer items. Strange! Perhaps theirs a copyright/license problem. However we found some film posters of Vincent Lee and Peter Cushing on one of the walls. And Frank rounded off the afternoon with Coffee.
We had a wonderful afternoon and I will be certainly going back.

Room Tip: Not sure if there's lifts in this listed building. it would be wise to find out
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Flicktone
Jake R, Sales & Marketing Executive at The Oakley Court, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2017

Dear Flicktone

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent Sunday Lunch experience here with us. It is fascinating to hear you previously shot a wedding here in the 70s and have now returned, able to relive the magic of all the productions made on our iconic grounds.

It is wonderful to know you truly appreciated our Sunday Lunch offering and the vast amount of choice on offer. Naturally, we are always proudest to hear our staff have provided the sort of attentive service that we strive to deliver to all our guests. Please be assured I will be passing your kind comments on to Frank.

Do consider returning soon and perhaps for a stay next time?