All reviews wine bar bar and grill orchard cottage oliver cromwell nooks and crannies chewton glen original building deluxe room lovely hotel main restaurant young staff on arrival ground floor hotel is situated large bed spa facilities an overnight stay
Reviewed April 4, 2018

This is a stunning hotel, spa and dining venue in one of the most beautiful parts of the country. We stumbled across it after staying nearby at Buckland Manor for Cheltenham Races, and we headed back for a weekend away at The Lygon soon thereafter. Sadly the reservation experience was really bad. Almost to the point of me cancelling. They were very slow at responding to emails and I never received confirmation of the reservation despite telephoning repeatedly and receiving numerous assurances. I would have booked online but you couldnt book for the dog. Luckily the place itself, the team that served us, and the food all made up for such a disappointing start and I'd highly recommend staying, especially taking the dog, as they made our black labrador Dexter most welcome. I'm still waiting for an email copy of the bill though and have chased twice now, so lets wait and see.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Ed F, Manager at The Lygon Arms, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2018

Dear Lee D,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. Needless to say we are delighted to hear yourselves and Dexter enjoyed your time at The Lygon Arms.

Please allow me to apologies for the poor reservation experience you had, this is certainly not the norm and i will of course follow up personally as i would hate for this to happen again.

If i can ever be of assistance do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Having researched a number of hotels in the Cotswolds area I was looking forward to a few nights away with my partner.

A very disappointing stay from start to finish.
The suite was not the one I booked. I had to go out of the hotel on to the road and in to a side entrance access that was dark and uninviting.

The room was incredibly dark, miserable furniture and the 4 poster bed was utterly filthy on the top. The room had clearly not been hoovered and there was a child’s toy left in a dusty corner.

A huge disappointing aspect was not being able to eat at the hotel as they were unable to cater for my food allergy. Whilst I thank them for their honesty,it was incomprehensible that so many other less well established hotels and restaurants are perfectly capable of catering for me.

I chose to dine at the Swan Inn a few doors down which I would highly recommend, along with the Broadway Deli opposite which serves a wonderful breakfast in a most quirky venue.

In summary, I would not recommend The Lygon Arms Hotel, even to an enemy!

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Anaphylaxis-mare
Ed F, Manager at The Lygon Arms, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2018

Dear Anaphylaxis-mare,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience which I am saddened you felt was disappointing.

As you would expect we take all allergy and dietary requirements very seriously especially those than can result in anaphylaxis caused by cross contamination from a single ingredients such as yours.

We would have loved to have accommodate you in our restaurants however you asked for 100% confirmation cross contamination would not or could not occur which would be irresponsible for us to give as there can be so many mitigating factors.

We explained that your dishes would be prepared in a separate area of the kitchen with all surfaces thoroughly cleaned and only sanitised equipment used to reduce the risk to the best of our ability however we cannot control our supply chain and the fact that cross contamination may have taken place before the ingredients entered our property hence us not wishing to give 100% assurance.

I cannot apologies enough you therefore felt you could not eat with us but would like to assure you, your best interest was at all times in our mind.

Kind regards,

Reviewed April 3, 2018

Excellent service from young friendly and engaged staff combined with an unfussy environmentto contribute to a totally relaxed atmosphere.Whilst the standard rooms are small and in a low rise estabishment some are a distance from the main facilities this is a minor issue given the overall appeal of the property..
Food in the restaurant was good and Vegan dishes were prepared for one of our party.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Ed F, Manager at The Lygon Arms, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2018

Dear Peter H,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding our team who always strive to exceed out guests expectations. It was also pleasing to understand our plant based menu was well received by a member of your party.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed April 3, 2018

My first visit was several years ago and, when we decided to mark the re-opening of the steam train line from Broadway, the Lygon Arms seemed the logical place to stay. Once again this was a thoroughly enjoyable and luxurious experience. Our deluxe room was large, warm and with every comfort one required. We received very efficient service from all levels of staff, including in the spa and restaurant. On a very busy and wet Easter week-end the staff were cheerful, always helpful and worked with a relaxed efficiency. Will certainly come again.

Dear Rowena C,

Thank you for taking the time to share your second experience of The Lygon Arms. The steam train really is an amazing addition to the villages and it is pleasing to hear you used the hotel as your base for the opening.

Your comments regarding our team are very kind and they will all be delighted to hear you enjoyed the level of service even on a slightly damp Easter weekend.

We all very much look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed April 3, 2018

Wonderful place to stay! Very friendly and professional staff. Cute and cozy rooms but everything is modern and updated. The lounge downstairs was a great place to cozy up by the fire, have a drink and bring a book.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear tcannaday,

Thank you for posting such a lovely review and for your kind comments regarding our team.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to us.

Kind Regards,