“Great Pub, Food and Service”
Review of The Swan

The Swan
Reserve with OpenTable
The Swan is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 41 Restaurants in Broadway
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 5, 2018

My wife and I spent Easter Sunday and Monday in Broadway. We went for dinner at the Swan on the Monday evening and despite how busy they were managed to accommodate us with a table for two. I ordered the Wagyu burger and my wife ordered an item that the waitress, slightly embarrassed, told her had run out. No matter, she ordered an alternative but was told the same thing. I felt sorry for the waitress, it clearly wasn't her fault but she was very apologetic. We had a bit of a laugh about it actually! She went away to give us time to re-think. On her return, my wife ordered another, third item, but that too had also run out!
I think some people would have got angry at this point but we understood it was the last day of a holiday weekend and unusual in itself as the new steam railway to Broadway had just opened on the Friday and had brought hundreds of extra visitors to the village throughout the weekend so it was not really surprising that they had run out of stuff at this point. Eventually my wife ordered the burger too. They seemed to have plenty of these available.
You may wonder why I've given 5 stars here. Well the reason is we have used this place several times previously and have had great service. We could fully understand the reasons for the shortcomings of that evening and I have to say a great big thank you to our waitress, Ann Marie, for the way she handled the situation. She was the one who had to 'take it on the chin' and she was clearly embarrassed about it, but she handled it very well. She was clearly going through the same thing with other diners and she didn't need hassle off us too. I've named her because she deserves full credit for her professionalism and courtesy throughout the evening. Top girl !
This will definitely not put us off returning in the future.

General Manager A, Manager at The Swan, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2018

Hi Paul,

Firstly let me thank you for taking the time in leaving us a review.

I do apologise for the lack of food we ended up having that evening, the opening of the steam train took us all by surprise with how busy it was going to be. Despite this, I am thrilled to see that you still enjoyed your evening with us.

I will make sure to pass on your lovely comments about Ann Marie on to her.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to The Swan soon.

Annabelle

Write a ReviewReviews (2,034)

Reviewed April 4, 2018

My husband, daughter and I went for dinner to The Swan on the Easter bank holiday Monday. Upon being seated we were informed that they had run out of quite a few dishes, pizza, chunky chips, fish and chips. We didn't mind too much as there was lots of choice. My husband had the salmon tacos to start, yummy. I had the deep fried brie, delicious and my daughter had mushrooms on toast also very good. I then had the Wagyu beef burger served with sweet potato fries which was excellent. I actually felt very sorry for our attentive waitress as she was getting abuse from a couple of tables due to the lack of availability of items which wasn't her fault, as she calmly explained to other diners this was due to an exceptionally busy day. Well worth a visit also book in advance if possible as it is a very busy place.

General Manager A, Manager at The Swan, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2018

Hi Helen,

Thank you for taking the time in leaving us such a lovely review.

As a team we strive for 100% satisfaction and I am so glad to hear that you did. I do apologise for having run out of so much food during the day but I am so glad you enjoyed the meals that you did have.
I will pass on your lovely comments about the food to the kitchen team.

Reviewed April 4, 2018

Great service in a lovely old pub. Good pub food at a solid price the best pub in Broadway although we didn’t do the Lygon.

Hi Ben,

Thank you for taking the time in leaving us a review.

I am so happy to see that you think we are the best pub in Broadway.

We look forward to seeing you again at The Swan.

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

The highlight of our visit to the area. Whilst the hotel we stayed in were unable to accommodate a potentially fatal food allergy, we booked here to eat.
The manager, chef and staff couldn’t do enough to make us feel welcome and included. Nothing seemed a problem and everyone was very helpful.
The feel and atmosphere was exactly what we were looking for and had they had rooms we would have had no qualms in booking here for a night.
Throughly recommended

Hi Ian B,

Thank you for taking the time in leaving us such a lovely 5* review. We are so happy to read such a great review about The Swan!

I will make sure I pass on your lovely comments to the team. We strive for 100% satisfaction and I am so glad that your experience with us was such a positive one.

Reviewed March 31, 2018

We all raved about this place
We all had different starters,salmon tacos were light and delicious , mushroom shoup excellent, squid good and brie in breadcrumbs really nice
Mains of fsh cake were really nice. The fish and chips was HUGE and the gammon thick and really well cooked Couldn't manage puddings. £12.95 two course lunchtime menu is excellent value
Staff were really good friendly and really fast

Hi 195meldav,

Thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at The Swan! We strive for 100% satisfaction, and it is great to see you had such a positive experience at The Swan.