Riverside Hotel & Restaurant
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Evesham
See available hotels
Hollymount(Evesham)
Evesham Hotel(Evesham)
The Fish Hotel(Broadway)
  • Breakfast included
Fosbroke House(Bidford-on-Avon)
The Lygon Arms(Broadway)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 April 2012

Very happy with my stay would recommend very friendly warm welcome with great rooms and food would recommend for a good short break or longer not too far from town and great surroundings

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 24 April 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights and we had a lunchtime function for 70 people. Debbie and Stuart were very professional and friendly and took all the stress out of the arrangements for us. The food for the function was delicious, all freshly prepared, and our guests loved it!
The hotel is in a really lovely spot, off the beaten track with beautiful views over the riverand an extensive outdoor terrace. The decor is a bit tired but this was more than made up for by the intimate, relaxed atmosphere and attentive but low key service.
Our room was spacious and comfortable, with a view of the river and a lovely comfortable bed. Our evening meal was delicious, as was breakfast ----the chef is excellent.
We'll definitely stay here again when next visiting friends and family in the area.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank EmpressMilan
Reviewed 21 April 2012

Upon arriving just in time to catch the Grand National I was offered a refreshing pint and invited to watch the race in the comfortable and relaxing public rooms. Perfect, great start!
Stuart was very friendly and made our dog so welcome. It is evident that the place is under new management as the negative reviews are no longer relevant to this establishment. A personal service you would expect from hotels charging three times as much. Wonderful setting and the staff are very freindly. Great value for money.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 April 2012

I came to stay at this hotel with the intention to take some time out of a busy life. I looked for a peaceful and quiet setting in an environment where I would feel safe and comfortable, travelling on my own, and this is just what I found. The staff were very friendly and made every effort to make me feel welcome. My room was lovely with the most amazing view and the food was out of this world! I only stayed for two nights, but I would love to stay longer! I am hoping for us as a family to return to this hotel at some time, since I want them to share in this wonderful experience as well.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 April 2012

We were booked in with family for 2 nights and were attending a wedding nearby. There was a musty smell as soon as you walked through the door. There was no one in attendance when we arrived so we waited patiently 30 minutes before going through to the kitchen in search of a member of staff.

Our room had badly stained walls and carpets. The towels when they arrived were wet. There were holes in the bathroom wall. There was no wardrobe in the room just a broom cupboard with hooks.

On the morning of the wedding when we were wanting to shower we found we had no lighting in the bathroom. The only person we could find was in the kitchen. He came up and pulled a lot of wiring down from the ceiling but it was clear he didn't have a clue what he was doing. My partner (the father of the bride) suggested it may just be a new bulb that was needed and so some time later the person trying to sort the light returned but could not find a replacement bulb. We said we would go down and be having breakfast whilst the lighting was sorted but it was pointed out that we could not do that as he was also cooking breakfast. More wires were pulled down and eventually my partner stepped in again and said that as the lighting was working the night before he was certain a new bulb was all that was required. The member of staff gave in and went back to cooking breakfast leaving us with a mass of dangling wire. After cooking breakfasts, another search was made and eventually a bulb was found and my partner took over and put the new bulb in. He was the asked if he minded sorting the other room. I know members of our party in the room next door had had no lighting in their bathroom the night before.

When we returned later that evening after the wedding we had fresh towels on our bed but again they were wet.

Breakfast was a problem. We had lengthy waits and unless you booked a full english then getting the order right took several attempts. On our last morning I asked for scrambled eggs on toast which I thought would make things easy but it arrived stone cold like the day before.

The Riverside Hotel is set in a lovely tranquil location but the state of repair of paths and paving around the hotel is dangerous.

This really was Acorn Antiques and Faulty Towers rolled into one.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family