“Amazing weekend!!!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Evesham
Riverside Hotel & Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Evesham
Canvey Island, United Kingdom
“Amazing weekend!!!”
Reviewed 1 May 2012

My husband 'sprung' on me an unexpected visit to the riverside for our 21st anniversary!
We arrived on the friday night and as we walked into the reception area we were instantly made to feel welcome by Stewart the new manager.
The hotel does need some decoration, but the entire atmosphere was warm and friendly and we soon started to relax.
The food is amazing (except for the shepherds pie,i couldnt resist it guys) and i can honestly say it was the best food i have eaten in a long time.
We had not been to the area before and the manager gave us some helpful advice on which places to visit and his recommendations were thoroughly enjoyed.
The location was excellent and the views breathtaking.
The warm and friendly atmosphere is what made this a perfect anniversary weekend for us and we feel we were treated like friends during the entire stay.

2 Thank TNandANEssex

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Reviewed 26 April 2012

Very happy with my stay would recommend very friendly warm welcome with great rooms and food would recommend for a good short break or longer not too far from town and great surroundings

• Stayed April 2012
Milan
Reviewed 24 April 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights and we had a lunchtime function for 70 people. Debbie and Stuart were very professional and friendly and took all the stress out of the arrangements for us. The food for the function was delicious, all freshly prepared, and our guests loved it!
The hotel is in a really lovely spot, off the beaten track with beautiful views over the riverand an extensive outdoor terrace. The decor is a bit tired but this was more than made up for by the intimate, relaxed atmosphere and attentive but low key service.
Our room was spacious and comfortable, with a view of the river and a lovely comfortable bed. Our evening meal was delicious, as was breakfast ----the chef is excellent.
We'll definitely stay here again when next visiting friends and family in the area.

2 Thank EmpressMilan
York
Reviewed 21 April 2012

Upon arriving just in time to catch the Grand National I was offered a refreshing pint and invited to watch the race in the comfortable and relaxing public rooms. Perfect, great start!
Stuart was very friendly and made our dog so welcome. It is evident that the place is under new management as the negative reviews are no longer relevant to this establishment. A personal service you would expect from hotels charging three times as much. Wonderful setting and the staff are very freindly. Great value for money.

Fleet, Hampshire
Reviewed 21 April 2012

I came to stay at this hotel with the intention to take some time out of a busy life. I looked for a peaceful and quiet setting in an environment where I would feel safe and comfortable, travelling on my own, and this is just what I found. The staff were very friendly and made every effort to make me feel welcome. My room was lovely with the most amazing view and the food was out of this world! I only stayed for two nights, but I would love to stay longer! I am hoping for us as a family to return to this hotel at some time, since I want them to share in this wonderful experience as well.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Sheffield
Reviewed 16 April 2012

We were booked in with family for 2 nights and were attending a wedding nearby. There was a musty smell as soon as you walked through the door. There was no one in attendance when we arrived so we waited patiently 30 minutes before going through to the kitchen in search of a member of staff.

Our room had badly stained walls and carpets. The towels when they arrived were wet. There were holes in the bathroom wall. There was no wardrobe in the room just a broom cupboard with hooks.

On the morning of the wedding when we were wanting to shower we found we had no lighting in the bathroom. The only person we could find was in the kitchen. He came up and pulled a lot of wiring down from the ceiling but it was clear he didn't have a clue what he was doing. My partner (the father of the bride) suggested it may just be a new bulb that was needed and so some time later the person trying to sort the light returned but could not find a replacement bulb. We said we would go down and be having breakfast whilst the lighting was sorted but it was pointed out that we could not do that as he was also cooking breakfast. More wires were pulled down and eventually my partner stepped in again and said that as the lighting was working the night before he was certain a new bulb was all that was required. The member of staff gave in and went back to cooking breakfast leaving us with a mass of dangling wire. After cooking breakfasts, another search was made and eventually a bulb was found and my partner took over and put the new bulb in. He was the asked if he minded sorting the other room. I know members of our party in the room next door had had no lighting in their bathroom the night before.

When we returned later that evening after the wedding we had fresh towels on our bed but again they were wet.

Breakfast was a problem. We had lengthy waits and unless you booked a full english then getting the order right took several attempts. On our last morning I asked for scrambled eggs on toast which I thought would make things easy but it arrived stone cold like the day before.

The Riverside Hotel is set in a lovely tranquil location but the state of repair of paths and paving around the hotel is dangerous.

This really was Acorn Antiques and Faulty Towers rolled into one.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
8 Thank CEGSheffield
Devon
Reviewed 14 April 2012

I have been meaning to write this review since me and my partner stayed in the summer last year. My partner booked the penthouse suite as a surprise for my birthday, however, due to a double booking, we were given a superior room with an evening meal. The size of the room was exceptionally small and very noisy; we were positioned next to the stairs leading down to the reception and there was a stag night staying. The service was appalling; we had asked for a DVD player and hairdryer weeks before we were due to stay which they were sure they would provide, however they never turned up, even though we had asked three times. During the breakfast, the waitresses and reception staff seemed unsure of what they were supposed to be doing and there weren't any other higher members of staff around; whenever we asked questions, they went to other members of staff continuously for help! Nobody was ever at the reception, therefore we were waiting for long periods of time, and when they did arrive, they barely spoke to us and were very unhelpful. While eating the evening meal the night before, the floor was covered in food which from the morning, and the floor looked incredibly stained and dirty! If they can't manage to keep a clean restaurant area, what must the kitchen look like??! When we came down for breakfast the next morning, still the floor hadn't been cleaned from the previous day. The breakfast cereal was extremely limited and poorly presented in large boxes with cereal scattered around the buffet table, the milk had all gone, the juice was nearly all gone and the glasses, cutlery and plates were stained and had bits of food on. There wasn't a menu for the full english breakfast, we weren't asked what we wanted and the portion size was very small. We had booked and paid for two nights, however after the noise, the dirtiness, and the poor service, I decided to complain and we left that day. The 'manager' who saw us was very poorly presented and didn't apologise or say that he would address the issues that we had raised. It's a shame that they can't improve the hotel and staff, because the hotel really is in a beautiful location and the evening meal was very nice overall. If you want to stay in a nice clean hotel with excellent service, then this really isnt the place you're looking for. In my opinion, look at all of the other reviews, because we ignored some of the more negative criticsm and it resulted in us driving for hours to find somewhere else that we liked, and it completely ruined my birthday weekend.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Sophia519
Also consider these accommodations in or near Evesham
1.8 km away
The Abbey Hotel
The Abbey Hotel
#5 of 10 in Malvern
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,117 reviews

Been to Riverside Hotel & Restaurant? Share your experiences!