“Consistently the best Asian restaurant in the Malvern area”
Review of Anupam

Anupam
Ranked #5 of 102 Restaurants in Malvern
Price range: US$13 - US$40
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Description: Established in 1987, Anupam is the oldest Indian restaurant in Malvern and a proud member of the Malvern community. Located in the heart of Great Malvern and a stone's throw from the theatre, makes it the perfect place to enjoy a meal with friends and family for all occasions.The first floor restaurant has succeeded for the past 24 years through reputation and recommendation of its' delicious food and exemplary service. We emphasise in producing Indian food of unrivaled quality using prime fresh ingredients to make a menu which has evolved over the years to produce what we believe caters to every taste. As well as new dishes, many signature Anupam dishes have been on the menu since the restaurant first opened in 1987! The knowledgable staff are more than happy to help you choose the right dish for you, the chef can even make a dish specific to your tastes. As for dessert, we are proud to say we produce the majority of our desserts on site. The Anupam also boasts a large wine list made by Robin Jones, which is regularly updated and at an extremely reasonable price. We also have a wide range of beers and soft drinks, including local drinks, "Hereforshire Pale Ale", "Stowford Press", "Clive's Farm juices" and of course Malvern's infamous spring water by "Holywell".The Anupam wishes to extend it's welcome to all those wishing to experience quality food and drink in an atmosphere that encourages them to simply enjoy.
Reviewed 19 April 2015

We've been coming to Anupam since it opened over 25 years ago and keep returning. Despite several competitors opening over the years, Anupam is streets ahead in terms of quality, value and choice. The chefs produce a mix of traditional Indian and Bangla Deshi dishes, but the highlight is the number of new concoctions which are on offer, taking the level far above the standard curry house. Efficient waiting staff in pleasant, modern surroundings and a good choice of wines and lagers.

Reviewed 15 April 2015

Usually go to Benedictos for a pre theatre meal but tried this for a change. Ambience and service good. Food - gorgeous! I'm a veggie and I really enjoyed the flavours and choices. Wish they were nearer to home!

1  Thank Steph C
Reviewed 14 April 2015

I first went to this restaurant in the late 80's and remembered how good it was. I have not been back in the area until last weekend. Phoned last Tuesday to book a table for Friday night.

I appreciate the weekends are very busy so wanted to see if I could book a table for 2.

The man who answered the phone asked if any tables available to his colleagues, but I could hear in the background, tables for 4 only. He came back and said they were full. I then asked about Saturday night and he said, we have alot of tables free. I asked, can I book one please.

He would not give me a straight answer, and said, can I have your details, you know we are full for Friday and does not mean you get a table. I said, I would like to book Saturday. He would not take a booking and said the boss would ring back.

No phone call returned, so why couldn't I reserve a table for Saturday at the time of enquiry?

I went on to book a Thai restaurant which was fabulous. My memory of this restaurant is now long gone, and won't be trying again if staying in the area. Very disappointing.

1  Thank Minigill
Anupam_Admin, Owner at Anupam, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2015

Dear Minigill,

I would like to apologise for your recent attempt in booking a table. It appears there has been a misunderstanding and I am sorry you were not able to dine with us.

At the time of your call, we were fully booked for Friday, with a cancellation on a table of four. As for Saturday, I am sorry that the waiter who answered your call was unclear. He did in fact book your table on Saturday but wanted to double check with myself as it was busy. Unfortunately, he forgot to relay the message to me the next day ( I was away on Tuesday) and as a result I didn't contact you. The table was booked but unfortunately this was not confirmed or made clear to you. I apologise for the inconvenience.

It is disappointing that we have gone from being a memorable restaurant from decades ago to one which you rate as terrible and would not visit again over a genuine administrative error. I sincerely apologise of your experience over the phone.

We have several customers who have dined with us since the eighties and it is always a pleasure to catch up with those that supported us in the early years of the restaurant. I hope that you will give the Anupam an opportunity in the future to demonstrate its hospitality and more importantly to come and injoy Anupam's cuisine.

Kind regards

Kaiser
Owner

Reviewed 11 April 2015 via mobile

Thanks to trip advisor for finding us this place, booked in rather last minute, decor was nice( restaurant is upstairs and easy to miss on the high street) food was great, servings were generous,( we couldn't finish ours). Staff were friendly and service was good. I'd recommend this place to anyone who visits malvern

Reviewed 10 April 2015

After stopping in Great Malvern on the way home, we found this little gem of a place.
The sign outside and menu on the wall are the only obvious clues to its location, as the restaurant is on the first floor.
It was well worth investigating. We were probably the first guests of the evening, being quite early, but that meant even more attention was given to us. All the waiting staff were polite and helpful (typical of Indian restaurants).
The menu gave a good range of options and we were not disappointed with any of our choices. The food was excellent and so was the service throughout our time there, even when it got busier.
We probably spent both more time and a little more money than we first intended to, and we felt that the tips we left were well deserved.
Definitely worth a return visit.

1  Thank AndrewB082012