“Marvellous cafe in lower town”
Review of Cafe in the Green

Cafe in the Green
Ranked #34 of 106 Restaurants in Malvern
Price range: US$3 - US$9
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Our friendly, family-run cafe has everything. Premium coffee, expertly prepared. Traditional cooked breakfasts, using only the finest locally-sourced ingredients. Homemade cakes, soups and specials. Cafe classics, lovingly prepared. Free Wi-fi.
Reviewed December 19, 2017

This cafe was a brilliant place to morning caffee, nice brew, friendly service and breakfasts looked interesting. It is funny there are 10 cafes in upper town but here only one, but so good it is. Thanks a lot. And please visit Cheeceboard from the opposite side of street - another gem.

Reviewed December 7, 2017

Visited for a quick lunch, but wow this place is slow on the service.

The place had hardly anyone in when we visited for lunch, so as a couple we ordered our meal and coffee and waited for the food to arrive. It took 45 minutes for the food to arrive, which meant we were pushing the limit to eat and enjoy the meal in a single lunch hour.

Oh and by the time the food arrived we had drank our coffees, but were not offered another for the delay. For me slow service is a pet hate when a restaurant is so slow you are forced into buying multiple drinks so you can enjoy your meal properly.

I would have to seriously think about time allowance in my schedule before visiting again.

When the food arrive, yes it was freshly cooked and very nice, but being forced to rush left me feeling very annoyed. Had the meal been several minutes longer I would have had to leave to get back to work.

Would I visit again...as stated above yes/maybe depending on time.

1  Thank michael p
PatrickMcGarvey, Owner at Cafe in the Green, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2017

Dear Michael,

Thank you for your review and your honest feedback.

I am sorry that you had to wait so long for your meals.

As you said all food is cooked fresh to order and we serve each customer in the order they come in.

If you are tight for time please let us know when you come in and we can advise you on the expected wait.

I am sorry you were not offered another drink, and that the overall experience was not as we would like it to be.

I hope to welcome you in future.

Patrick

Reviewed October 2, 2017 via mobile

Popped in with a friend for coffee. Friendly owner. Lovely small cafe great menu. Lovely cakes scrumptious

Reviewed September 11, 2017

We called in for breakfast before a Morgan Factory Tour and were more than happy with the service and food. The breakfast was freshly cooked and served on hot plates and was delicious.The café is spotless clean and has a great ambiance. We both recommend this café if you are in Malvern.

Reviewed September 11, 2017

Late Sunday morning, we went for a brunch to the 'Cafe in the Green'. My partner ordered the full 'Healthy' breakfast - absolutely delicious and well presented on a large hot plate, I had a jacket potato with cheese and beans - again, delicious. The cafe is attractive with a good atmosphere. The staff are friendly and efficient. This cafe a great asset to Barnards Green and to Malvern. Do visit and enjoy the experience.