Open today: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
Lovely butterflies

Lovely experience of the butterflies. Lovely to see them free and flying. Had a few land on us... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
sarahjaycy1981
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
Silver mountain experience

Interesting place and tour into the mine Mostly accessible with advice from our enthusiastic and... read more

Reviewed September 7, 2018
Elizabeth S
Liverpool, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews beautiful butterflies sugar water different species interesting insects butterflies flying humid inside tropical fish small garden sat nav his enthusiasm power station previous reviews bear in mind amazing experience sit outside information centre rheidol valley
Reviewed January 21, 2018 via mobile

We visited as a group of WI ladies. We were a small group (8),so lots of space to walk around. Lots of butterflies,but the place isn't big. Suitable for wheelchairs,zimmas or sticks. Visit time wouldn't be longer than 15-20 mins, which makes the entrance fee quite expensive for the time spent. Free parking and a small café with toilets next door.

Reviewed January 4, 2018

After reading the other reviews I thought I'd give this attraction a chance. I'm sorry to say I was very disappointed. I didn't expect a palace or a hugely perfect environment, but I did expect some butterflies There were plenty of lace wings and 3 others. 1 blue, 1 yellow and 1 brownish. There were more bluebottle type flies than anything else. The plants all looked dead or dying. The floor was incredibly uneven with a large puddle at the entrance. I really wanted this place to be a little pleasant but I'm afraid it failed. The only good thing was the lady who took our money. She smiled. Xx

Reviewed November 21, 2017

The weather was not so good,so decided to visit the butterfly house, very pleasant ,was a nice place to spend some time and some beautiful butterflies to see. Also a nice place to have something to eat.

Reviewed November 7, 2017

we have been here several times in the past few years and have had the chance to see some of the rare species emerging from cocoons or even turning into cocoons. the kids love it as they can have the butterflys land on them . outside there is a vast array of established plants and they even have ones to sell.

if you want a real exeriance for your kids they sell catapillars for you to turn into moths at home. there are different insects for you to see also.

they have a small café or you can take a picnic and dogs are welcome in the grounds.
views are amazing.

downsides are the entrance is a little expensive (esp if you have several kids ) and there plants have gone up in price quite a bit to, but other than that a nice day out

1  Thank imalive999
Reviewed November 1, 2017 via mobile

Visited as part of a day trip to Aberystwyth. £7.50 for and adult and £6.50 for concession. A few interesting insects and thrilled by the tarantula skin which I hadn’t previously seen despite owning one!
Once inside the hot house we sampled the delights of the tropical rainforest. There were plenty and varied species of butterflies which were kind enough to land on us! Whilst small there are places to sit and let nature take its course as you are surrounded by the beautiful creatures. Given it was closing week we were thrilled by this little treasure. Reason for four stars?? No cafe but there is one next door that closes on September 30th!!
Do visit as it’s a real little gem.