All reviewssea viewsea frontcar parkcooked breakfastno liftbreakfast was excellenttop floorlovely hotelexcellent locationwatching the worldfresh fruitgood sizefried breadsound of the wavesfire doorsbedroom windowbed was very comfortable
Reviewed September 7, 2017 via mobile

We found this hotel on the August bank holiday when nowhere else had any vacancies. They sorted us a room last minute at a great rate. Staff were friendly and location is perfect but only had to knock off a star due to no bath and car park is very tight but there is off-road parking nearby. Breakfast was gorgeous and staff made sure we sat by the window as we had no sea view in our room. Lovely stay.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Corina H
Reviewed September 7, 2017

Arrived 6pm on spec. Reception excellent and room exceptionally clean and tidy. Went to restaurant and met by very Curtiss young man and lady, their attention was second to none. Thoroughly enjoyed meal that was excellently cooked. Room overlooked the promenade and the setting sun was spectacular. Breakfast was a very good selection and again good service. When I return to Aberystwyth again I will make for this hotel. Car parking was also included. Great value for the money

Room Tip: Room 8 facing the sea
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2017

We spent 2 nights at the Richmond and found it to be clean, comfortable and ideally situated. The staff were pleasant, efficient and helpful. Excellent breakfast and the restaurant serves evening meals too

Room Tip: We had a second floor room with a sea view and it was quiet
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2017

The hotel is on the sea front with picture perfect views, the staff are polite and helpful, breakfast wasn't great but was ok.

The hotel is tired, stairwell and doors could do with a lick of paint and our room could have also done with one too. There were only 2 wafer thin pillows on the bed, I would say that they had seen their day and should be replaced, also the scatter cushions wiffed a bit, I think people had used them to compensate for the wafer thin pillows, bedlinen was clean but the scatter cushion covers could have done with a wash, they stunk of greasy hair.

The price was expensive for what we got £105 however having looked around whilst we were there it is the going rate for something of this standard in the area, it should really be classed as a 3 star and so dont expect a 4 star quality.

However wow, what a view. I was told by the receptionist ( who was lovely by the way ) that most of the rooms are sea facing and quite frankly the view was breathtaking and a hotel with a sea view is a must if you are visiting Aberystwyth.
Would I recommend, well yes just dont expect too much it is not a luxury hotel infact most of the hotels along the front all look as if they need a bit of TLC, except for the Gwesty Cymru hotel which was fully booked for the dates we were looking at.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2017

I booked at short notice for a stay over the bank holiday, it's a lovely location right on the promenade, the room was spotless and with just about everything i needed in the room. The bonus for me was that I travelled by motorcycle and they have secure covered storage in the rear car park. A lovely freshly cooked breakfast served each morning by really friendly staff, as that well known actor say's, I'll be back.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo