All reviews sea view sea front cooked breakfast car park no lift breakfast was excellent top floor lovely hotel excellent location watching the world yogurt the hotel is clean good size fried bread single room breakfast staff sound of the waves
Reviewed October 3, 2018

It’s a Victorian terrace house converted, so inevitably there are oddities. The staff are excellent - friendly, competent, helpful - we felt we were amongst friends rather than staying in a commercial establishment. I’ll forgive the hotel anything because they get this aspect of their business so right. The hotel is the width of a road from the beach, and our room had great views up and down the beach. Our main problem is that there was nowhere to hang towels. There’s a rack for the clean towels directly over the toilet bowl. We learnt quickly to keep the lid of the toilet closed. The room was comfortably large, with two small armchairs in the window. Everything seemed clean and orderly. The breakfasts were very good, with a wonderful range of fruit. No croissant or pastries, and no cheese. The evening meal was nicely cooked.

Room tip: Ask for a sea view, but remember there’s no lift.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Peter W
Reviewed September 28, 2018

I travelled alone for business in September. I had a single room (which had a single bed) on 3rd (top) floor with no lift. I'm not particularly fit but the stairs were fine (I'm over 55, and I was lugging a small holdall, bag and laptop). The room was spotlessly clean with tea/coffee/hot chocolate, water, biscuits. The bathroom had a spacious shower, with a power shower and plenty of hot water. soap, shampoo, shower gel provided. Sufficient towels (floor mat, small towel and bathsheet), automatic bathroom light. good wardrobe space with proper coat hangers, the ones that come off the rail easily. The room was at the back and so quite quiet - I didn't hear the storm at all. As its an old building the bedroom floor sloped slightly. The bed was comfortable. The temperature just right. The lighting was a little dim for my liking. Telly was small but worked fine. The decor was well maintained, clean and pleasant even if a tiny little bit dated. The staff were very helpful and very pleasant with excellent service at breakfast. My friend stayed the night before and said the dinner was very good. The only drawback i would say about breakfast was that although served individually the bacon was a little dry, rest of it was lovely and an excellent choice of fruit and yoghurts and a great view of a lively sea. There's a reasonably sized free car park at the back which if you are driving is essential in Aberystwyth. The price of the hotel was very reasonable compared to the facilities. The only drawback was that if staying more than one night they didn't refresh the room biscuits although you can purchase more at reception. I'd use this hotel again.

Room tip: if you are a light sleeper ask for a room at the back as the sea can be noisy
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed September 17, 2018 via mobile

My absolute favourite place to stay in Wales. Hang on.....possibly the World.
This place totally exhausts superlatives.
Everything is perfect
Wonderful sea views, beautiful food, clever wine list, young attentive switched on staff.
I'm almost reluctant to let you know how fabulous this place is as it might b fully booked next time!

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

Once again we found The Richmond to be a perfect place to stay. Such a friendly welcome - the receptionist came out to greet us on arrival on our motorbike and opened up the garage where we were able to leave our bike safely overnight. Lovely room looking out to the sea with a super comfortable bed. Generous and tasty breakfast with very friendly staff. Superb levels of cleanliness everywhere. The staff are definitely a great asset to the hotel - we will be back!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 15, 2018 via mobile

The Richmond hotel is located right on the sea front with beautiful views of the sea. The staff were exceptional, very helpful and friendly throughout my stay. Clean good sized rooms. Breakfast was included with my room and it was great options for all! Nice to have fresh raspberries and pomegranate, quite rare to find that in hotel breakfasts.
WiFi was free and easy to access, parking included which takes a lot of stress away as there is not many public spaces available. just a lovely place to stay for business or for a little holiday. I will be back!

Trip type: Travelled on business