“Brilliant Food and Atmosphere”
Review of Crimson Rhino

Crimson Rhino
Ranked #36 of 162 Restaurants in Aberystwyth
Price range: US$4 - US$13
Description: Ethical cafe/restaurant. Lunch, evenings, coffees and cake. 4 Northgate Street, Aberystwyth. mon-wed 11:30-3:30pm. thursday-sat 11:30-8pm
Reviewed October 2, 2017

This is such a fantastic cafe and I would thoroughly recommend it to anybody. It has such great food on offer with a wide variety of food to cater to different tastes. The cafe is great and you is somewhere that you can feel relaxed. It is also family friendly with toys for children as well as high chairs. I find the staff to be fantastic and love taking my toddler there although I find he quite likes 'borrowing' my choc, banana and advocado shake. On warmer days, they also have a garden which is lovely and if the weather is good enough can trick you in to thinking you are in sunnier climates. A must visit!

Reviewed September 29, 2017

Went to Crimson Rhino on my lunch break hoping for a lovely salad! I paid £4 for a few lettuce leaves 3 small broccoli heads brown avocado and sludgy mango served in a large salad box because there were no small boxes, and it made the salad looked even worse! So disappointed. I was hoping for a lovely mixed salad and a good variety but it was just poor and looked awful. And paying £4 for what i got was a complete con. I would have gone back and complained but I was back in work when i opened the box! I know that Crimson Rhino is closing but there is no excuse in serving poor quality food!

Reviewed August 10, 2017

Fantastic veggie food. It makes a change to have a genuine choice, all of which are delicious. A shame the building is a bit worse for wear, hope this gets improved as they get more business, but no hygiene complaints. The chairs and tables are clean and comfortable, quirky design and service was excellent.

1  Thank thaf1
Reviewed August 6, 2017

I was visiting Aberystwyth (from London) and had lunch here with friends. As a veggie, I felt spoiled for choice with the menu but opted for a falafel burger with chilli chutney and chips. The food was delicious & I will be back for more next time I visit!

Reviewed August 5, 2017

This is a nice light, slightly hippy themed veggie/vegan place - it's not posh and it's obviously not supposed to be.
The food is good, we had 3 different types of burger (Falafel, Halloumi and a pulled jackfruit sloppy Joe) which were all nice - well presented and tasty.
The staff were friendly, and the prices ok - you can see the menu and prices on line so you know what to expect.
Very pleased to find this little place in Aber :)