“Lunch with the girls”

Price range: US$8 - US$18
Cuisines: British, Bar, Wine Bar
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Description: The White Horse is a contemporary yet traditional pub, just seconds from the beach and minutes from the train station. The business caters towards locals, tourists, families and students, and offers fantastic value, real pub food and great value drinks. You can purchase drinks from coffees, to wines, to world beers and traditional cask ales.
Reviewed November 9, 2017 via mobile

Service was friendly, pleasant...but was yet again disappointed with the food....thought I'd give them another try but to be fair no better...think as a bar ....yes as somewhere to eat no...will give it a miss!!...

Reviewed November 8, 2017

I attended the white horse in January for a sunday lunch and up on my initial visit I was disappointed with the food as the veg was not fully cooked and the potatoes were hard. I Complained to the staff and was offer a desert on the house but said I wanted to leave. I contacted the manager Adrian by email and explained my disappoint. I was told the he was making changes there( kitchen staff) and there was new staff and he would refund the cost of our meals when I was next there.I attended in October 2017 and I spoke to the bar staff and thought I would have a meal rather than a refund and showed my email. I order our food a burger for myself and scampi for mom and was very pleased with this. I also ordered desert which the manager (Adrian) insisted was on the house, we had the chocolate fudge cake and stick toffee pudding and it rounded off a nice meal. I was so pleased with Adrian and malid ( sorry about the spelling/ wrong name ) customer service I would definitely come back again and can see the new kitchen staff are working .

Reviewed October 30, 2017

we visited here many times in 2017 due to this being a dog friendly pub and we were spending the season close to aberystwyth.
We also ate here and it is typical pub menu and cheap. Its nice when they have the added touch of dog treats sitting on the bar which my pooch enjoyed a couple being as he a big lad!!

Reviewed October 29, 2017 via mobile

Sunday lunch was acceptable, if a little sparse a portion. Mixed grill a disaster- rare steak cooked very well, chicken black and hard. The wait of over 40 mins seemed excessive for the amount of customers. What really put me off was a server coughing into his hand and then using the same hand to repossition a burger on the plate before delivering it to the customer- I mean if they do such things in full view of customers, I dread to think what may go on behind the scenes. When I asked to see the manager,turns out he was that server- gave a full refund and apologised but I still won't be going back. Would say it's a good place to sit and chill with friends,is dog friendly and the toilets have (finally) had a makeover and are now clean with locking doors.

Reviewed October 28, 2017

Stopped off here for some food as we were hungry - looked busy so thought it must be good - man, was we wrong!! My wife ordered baked lasagne while I had the southern fried chicken with cheese - where do I start!!!??? The lasagne was unlike anything we had ever seen - more like a poor shepherds pie - the was no pasta, only a strange, pulpy goo stuff on top of a mixture of pork & beef (pork - in a lasagne???) - my wife took one bite and almost retched. The SF chicked didnt fare much better - it was so over cooked it actually snapped when I cut into it. The manager came over and actually aopologised but came up short of giving us our money back - offering a couplke of puddings instead - which we declined. We left £16 lighter and still hungry.