“Evening meal - Sunday 20th Aug”
Review of Corn Mill

Corn Mill
Ranked #6 of 65 Restaurants in Llangollen
Price range: US$11 - US$27
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

Pre booked prior to arriving, and had a table ready for us on the top floor with a great view looking outside.
The corn mill really has a beautiful interior and is the layout inside is lovely.
Staff were polite and helpful, drinks arrived quickly and food didn't take too long either.

Will definitely return in the future.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,061)

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

Great location
Perfect food ,Sunday lunch was ample and cooked to perfection...
If you want to sit outside,bring your beach towel and put it out early ! Ha ha it does get busy outside with the river rushing by
Great setting to relax ..

Reviewed 19 August 2017

So very disappointed with this place. I can't bring myself to even call it a restaurant because to me a restaurant should be able to cook food that gives a customer what they want. If they cannot deviate from the set menu, from what is pre-prepared then I question if they have a chef or just someone that heats food up?

We went to the Cornmill tonight as their menu looked like there were several dishes that looked good and they point out on the menu that they can cope with allergies. My wife and I are not allergic to Garlic but we are very sensitive to it and would say that we are Garlic intolerant. We made this very clear when we booked the day before.

They acknowledged this when we got there. When we came to order the waitress kept saying that she "thought" that this or that came or did not come with Garlic. She did however say that she would check when we ordered which she did. Out of all the things on the menu my wife and I wanted only one thing could be adjusted and that was sea bass.. They took out the risotto and substituted potato for my wife.. For me I just had the choice of fish and chips or steak. I am not a great steak lover but I went with this as I did not want battered fish and I do not like sea bass. All other selections had Garlic in them and could not be adjusted. I asked that they let the manager know that I was not happy at all. My son wanted Steak and Ale pie and they had run out of it, at 20:30.. I would have had this as well but it had Garlic in it. He had fish cakes and they were OK for him. He likes garlic so did not have a problem with them. Yes they too had Garlic and so did the Lamb!

The waitress cancelled our drinks off the bill and did not charge us for them.. That was not the point though.. The manager made no appearance to have a word, to apologize. Giving me a few free drinks did not make the evening.

I mentioned this to the waitress when leaving and she said that she did not realise that I wanted to see the manager. I would have thought that it was clear I did but she made out she had not told him/her. That may or may not have been the case I don't know.

Personally I feel that the manager should know what is going on in his restaurant. In situations like this I feel he/she should have known and came and had a word, apologised.

Tonight was disappointing. The food was mediocre and we had little choice due to the way they cook their food or the way they are not skilled enough to accommodate their customer.

Don't be fooled into thinking that this place can cater for your allergies! They cannot.. We will definitely not be going back, not now, not ever...not in this lifetime even if it were free!

5  Thank blokeinlondon
Reviewed 19 August 2017

We had stopped overnight whilst on a narrowboat holiday and spotted the Corn Mill walking into the town. It looked lovely with great views over the river.
We hadn't booked but the friendly staff had no problem in finding a table for us. We had a great corner table with a view of the fast flowing river. The menu had a good selection and we were not disappointed with any of the meals we ordered.
Two ordere the lamb. One belly pork and I had the sausage and mash.
All were delicious and so tasty.
We had a fantastic meal and I would recommend this pub to anyone.

Reviewed 19 August 2017

Came here while we were on holida lovely food lovely building we were right at the top so nice views out of the window. The coconut ice cream was to die for