“Good insight into Wrexham`s past.”

Wrexham County Borough Museum
Ranked #8 of 57 things to do in Wrexham
More attraction details
Owner description: The Wrexham County Borough Museum is a museum covering a variety of historical periods ranging from Neolithic right up until the present day. It is a rather popular attraction in Wrexham due to the free admission, as well as being open and suitable to all ages with a number of hands on activities for younger guests. The museum is the home of a large Welsh orientated football collection as well as a variety of local artefacts. The museum often holds special events and/or exhibitions.
Reviewed 12 August 2017

A very interesting little museum with a clearly planned layout which was very easy to follow. The staff were very pleasant and helpful, on my return home I phoned in order to see if I could purchase one of the local books I saw on sale there and they were extremely efficient and courteous. All in all, well worth a visit!

Reviewed 10 August 2017

I passed this venue on a few occasions and promised myself that I would pop in when I had the opportunity. It presented itself today, when I had time to spare. I wished a cup of coffee and something to eat. When I endeavoured to place a question, the order, I was met with an assistant who was busy chatting to someone that she obviously knew. When I asked, as a customer a question, she said it was on the menu!! Another assistant, who brought my food and asked which coffee I preferred was an absolute gem.

As a person who has spent many years in a customer environment, this was totally unacceptable, I wander what visitors would think of such an attitude in Wrexham museum?

Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

This museum is a great way to spend an hour learning about the area. It's informative, well presented and the interactives are meaningful and engaging for adults and children alike. The special exhibitions on when we were there were First World War propaganda art and Superhero cartoons which is nice and varied and attractive to lots of different people. The HLF support the museum has received has been well spent. My only minor criticism is that it would have been nice to see more objects in display in the main gallery. Overall a lovely visit!

Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

For a truly tiny museum this place offers great variety. Lots for little children to lift and press. Good magnetic wall mounted board game to teach about Princes of Wales. Clean. Cosy. Friendly. Light bright café.

Susan P, Public Relations Manager at Wrexham County Borough Museum, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2017

Thank you Carol for your great review.
We are really pleased that you and your family had an enjoyable time.
Hope to see you all again soon.

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

Visited with grandchildren. A very small museum with some local history. Also a small display relating to Brymbo Man that really caught the imagination of our 7 year old. Another small current exhibition is about Wales International football. Some memories there. Free entry and a small popular cafe. Worth a visit. T