“More hygienic to eat from a toilet ”
Review of Cedars Tearoom

Cedars Tearoom
Ranked #3 of 5 Dessert in Bridgend
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed November 22, 2017 via mobile

Visited after a walk about a month ago and feel I have to write this review because I was so appalled. My partner and I went for a walk round Bryngarw and went into the cafe on the way back to the car. We thought the cakes looked really nice. The lady who served us was very rude but we ordered anyway. However as we were waiting my eye turned to the girl with the blue hair and tattoos out in the kitchen. She was making the food, the first thing I noticed was she wasn’t wearing gloves but was handling the food and constantly playing with her hair. Then to my absolute horror she picked her nose and carried on touching and making sandwiches. Needless to say - we didn’t eat our food. The council really need to look into this absolute filth. Would not advise anyone to eat there unless they want a blue hair and snot sandwich.

6  Thank BoardingPass741357

Reviewed August 3, 2017

lovely here. really nice afternoon tea and cake. seen plenty of others having meals and sandwiches. all looked nice and plenty of. They have an outdoor seating area, but weather wasnt great when we visited, so we sat inside. I will definitely be back.

Reviewed July 27, 2017

Was hoping for lunch and walk but weather got the better of us. Pleasantly surprised that sandwiches were so good, execllent side salad too, helped enormously with disappointing rain! Rare to get such good presentation. Need to support this independant cafes.

Reviewed March 26, 2017 via mobile

The afternoon tea was excellent - my mother loved it. Good sized fresh and well filled sandwiches, a great selection of cakes and scones, a small trifle, fresh fruit and even home made corned beef pie! All served on a beautifully laid table with tablecloth and old fashioned china. My mother even had a small wrapped loaf cake to take home - a lovely touch. Probably more expensive than some but it was a special occasion and you get what you pay for!

Reviewed March 16, 2017 via mobile

Visited here after a walk with the dogs. Sat outside. Extensive menu with lots of options. Had a tuna and spring onion sandwich which was beautiful. The side salad was so fresh and individual with the addition of fruit. Loved the mismatched old china too. Staff were friendly and service was prompt. Would definitely return.