“Surprisingly good!!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed January 24, 2018 via mobile

After a 2 hour drive and arriving a little early (we were attending a party upstairs) my 4 year old decided he needed something to eat.

Looking around,this seemed like the obvious place,and I was expecting a fairly big standard sports type bar. I couldn’t have been more wrong. The staff were fab,the bit of food we did order (nugget meal for the boy and curly fries for mom and day - massive portion by the way!) was good and the few of the place was family friendly and very welcoming.

Just the little things like offering my little boy normal cutlery or plastic kids style (you can guess which he chose) and having colouring pictures and crayons readily available for a restless child made all the difference.

Said little boy left his beloved paw patrol figures on the chair where we were sat. A few hours into the evening the young lad that served us appeared with the figures we hadn’t even noticed were missing! I hope he knows how many tears he saved had we only figured out we’d left them by the time we arrived home.

The menu looked great. We’re just sorry we don’t live close enough to take advantage of this little gem of a place

Reviewed January 20, 2018 via mobile

Excellent sunday lunch, beautifully cooked and a great portion. Starters were lovely too, we had garlic mushrooms.

Reviewed October 8, 2017 via mobile

I had the ribs which fell off the bone and tasted good. They weren’t huge but the mountain of curly fries made up for that.
My son had the chilli dog which was a footling and covered in melted cheese, this was really nice.
My wife had the Louisiana chicken (hunters chicken basically) which was two breasts on top of each other with bacon in between. It came in a sea of melted cheese which was a little over the top but not offensive.
Will definitely return but next time I’m going for the burger which I’ve had before and we’re really nice

Reviewed September 20, 2017 via mobile

Visited here with my partner on Tuesday evening. Waitress was very friendly and welcoming. We had cheesy nachos to share for starters as we had read previously that the mains were big. They were yummy and came very quickly. For the main we both had BBQ ribs however my boyfriend went for the Jack Daniels sauce. We were very surprised how big the portions are and wouldn't even dream of attempting the man vs food after that. The ribs were delicious however could taste the meat more with the regular BBQ sauce over the Jack Daniels sauce. Overall I would definitely recommend this place, however I do wish we took a piece of Nutella cheesecake home... maybe next time

1  Thank Jemma B
Reviewed September 19, 2017

Have visited the Pitch Diner several times, always had service with a smile. What can I say on top of other reviews -the portions here are mega sized. The man v food plates are crazy . All of the meat on the menu is great. My father thinks very highly of the Sunday Lunch.

Fries are very average, the curly fries are much better. The deserts off the special board are incredible - superb sundaes and absolutely gigantic as per the pitch diner standard. This is certainly not fine dining, but good classic diner food. Some of the menu is incredible value for money, some not so much.

Service is always impeccable. Friendly staff, good american diner decal and atmosphere. the 2 person tables are a bit small - book a booth if possible. Will continue visiting regularly.