All reviews the pub car park single room air conditioning town centre central location fantastic value train station added bonus family room tea and coffee making facilities good size a great stay sunday morning night stay room was large biscuits
Reviewed September 20, 2018 via mobile

This was my first hotel stay at one of the Wetherspoons hotels. City Centre based, parking was just up the road in a secure car park. The room was very nice, very modern, clean and of a good size. Staff were great throughout my stay, will use again!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
LisaDrsicoll1969, Manager at The Wyndham Arms, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2018

Hi There,

Thank you for your kind review we are delighted you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again.

Reviewed September 19, 2018 via mobile

Room small but huge bathroom, clean but bed moved every time we moved, kept loosing pillows down the back( room 115)
Festival on right outside so Music is Loud til very late but not the hotels fault.
Groups of yobs in street til 4am made sleep impossible again not hotels fault, inadequate air conditioning made us open windows, it is there but never really cooled the room. When items not available on menu staff became very stroppy and snippy, we asked them to remove the managers special boards as they had sold out I was told we will move them when we are ready, felt like they just did not want to talk to me as I have an English accent. We almost checked out but was asked to stay by night hotel manager who tried to deal with the issue and was excellent. We stayed but off hand attitude of staff remained til we left to the point where at our last breakfast was thrown rather than placed o the table. At no point did we shout or swear or get abusive with the staff so I am disappointed as this is not the general treatment of Wetherspoons.
We are frequent Wetherspoons customers having stayed in many over the years. if this had been my first experience I would not have bothered. Sadly my Mum loves this pub when she was alive and it is sad to see it change so much.
We visited 7 Wetherspoons that week in Wales and this was the only one we felt truly about welcome in.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Hi There,

We are sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your stay unfortunately the outside noise is out of our control we are a busy pub located in the middle of the town centre.

I have passed on your feedback to the pub management team.

Reviewed September 17, 2018 via mobile

Thank you so much Wyndham for a lovely welcome, I was tired and poorly after a long day and journey and the lady was lovely, offered me an invoice exactly as our company requests. Absolutely spotless, lovely bathroom and homely decor... I especially love the local children's paintings and the effort which has gone in to putting local info in the landings. Had a tasty pizza from downstairs and they have a great selection of gin: whole meal just over £10 too... really pleasantly surprised as I've stayed in less good for a lot more money!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business

Hi There,

A massive thank you for your fabulous review we are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed September 16, 2018

Fantastic value and very friendly staff. The hotel manager was excellent she really is very good at her job, top marks to Weatherspoons for employing her. The cleanliness of the bedrooms (we stayed in 3) was first class, top marks to the cleaning team. I would definitely stay again, cannot praise the hotel enough.

Parking over the river is very good - a real person in a kiosk collecting real money - plus they are on duty all day - one in the kiosk and one patrolling the carpark and collecting litter.

Room Tip: Any, they are all good.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

Hi Geoffrey,

Thank you so much for your kind words, It was a pleasure meeting you and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 29, 2018 via mobile

Booked a room for three nights here got a wedding. Service was great, very friendly staff. Cheap drinks too compared to London!

However the room itself was rather small, which was surprising since the bathroom was almost the same size. The food we had in the evening wasn't the best, though the breakfast more than made up for it.

However my biggest concern was that the maids completely disregarded the "do not disturb" sign on the door, instead choosing to walk in as I was trying to nap (with practically everything on show!) I could hear the maid apologising as she hurriedly closed the door and ran down the hallway, still shouting her apologies. While it's a petty funny story to recount, it's still quite worrying.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
lisa d, Manager at The Wyndham Arms, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2018

Good Morning,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We apologise for the encounter you experienced during your stay. We hope this dosent discourage you from staying with us in the future. We hope to see you again soon.
Kind Regards